Thread: Clark has another concussion....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Clark has another concussion....

Ben is out for who knows how long? Mendy still out (which I predicted he would be off a long time with an Achille's injury - maybe for the season). Troy out for God only knows. DeCastro still out. Brown. This is beginning to look like another "we are just too beat up to contend" type of season. We might even still make the play offs, but we won't be able to win any games vs. good teams in the post season. It looks like the season is probably over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Mendy still out (which I predicted he would be off a long time with an Achille's injury - maybe for the season).
    Mendy practiced fully today and is very likely to play this Sunday.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Ben is out for who knows how long? Mendy still out (which I predicted he would be off a long time with an Achille's injury - maybe for the season). Troy out for God only knows. DeCastro still out. Brown. This is beginning to look like another "we are just too beat up to contend" type of season. We might even still make the play offs, but we won't be able to win any games vs. good teams in the post season. It looks like the season is probably over.
    I guess we all might as well quit supporting the steelers because you say it's over. Forget that. Anything can happen

GO STEELERS!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    I guess we all might as well quit supporting the steelers because you say it's over. Forget that. Anything can happen

GO STEELERS!
    I never told anyone to do anything. Just expressing my opinion and visions. I'd be happy to be wrong. But the way I see it, this is another season like last year: can't contend when you are that beat up, period.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Notebook: S Ryan Clark accepts he's 'going to be messed up' later in life

By Chris Adamski | CBSSports.com
    November 14, 2012

Steelers free safety Ryan Clark was cleared to play Wednesday after suffering his second concussion in 16 days. (US Presswire)

FS Ryan Clark was cleared to practice Wednesday, but he and the Steelers' medical staff decided an extra day of rest could hurst less than 48 hours after suffering his second concussion in 16 days.

He anticipates final clearance to play Sunday night against Baltimore will come before practice Thursday.

“Everything's good,” said Clark, who practiced on a limited basis. “I did well on the impact test, so we will see how it goes from here.”

Clark is optimistice about his prospects for playing Sunday against the rival Ravens. But he isn't so sure about the longterm future given his multiple concussions.

“Oh, I'm going to be messed up,” Clark said.

He said it with a smile, but Clark also acknowledged, “That's just part of it,” when asked if he's worried about the long-term effects on his brain.

“When you sign up to play this game, we know that there are risks and you know you pray and hope that you never have to deal with the long-term effects of it,” Clark said. “But you know there's going to be long-term effects when you play a collision sport for a living. And you try to do the things to help combat that so you can have the best quality of life once it's over.”

Clark cannot play in Denver because of the sickle cell trait he has that makes it dangerous for him to play in high altitudes. Other than games missed there, Clark has not sat out a game due to injury since 2008.

Mendenhall returns to practice: The Steelers' four-game winning streak has coincided exactly with RB Rashard Mendenhall being out due to an Achilles injury. With that streak on the line Sunday, they might just have their starting running back available.

Mendenhall practiced fully Wednesday, the first time since being knocked out of the Oct. 11 game at Tennessee, in which he was held to 6 yards on six carries. In his only other game, he had 101 yards in a victory over Philadelphia.

Other injuries: LB Stevenson Sylvester was a full participant in practice after missing the past two games with a hamstring injury. CBs Ike Taylor (illness) and Curtis Brown (quadriceps) were limited in practice. OT Max Starks (ankle) and DE Brett Keisel (shoulder) did not practice Wednesday, but their injuries are not considered significant. LB Chris Carter (abdomen) also did not practice.

The star trio of QB Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder/ribs), S Troy Polamalu (calf) and Antonio Brown (ankle) did not practice again. None are expected to play Sunday -- Roethlisberger has already been ruled out, but Brown “left the door ajar," as coach Mike Tomlin might say.

“This is one of the most looked-forward to games on the schedule,” Brown said. “The game that sets us where we're going to be in the division. You always want to make a comeback against these guys, so I'm doing everything I can to get the necessary treatment to make sure I can go.”

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20982359/steelers-notebook-s-ryan-clark-accepts-hes-going-to-be-messed-up-later-in-life[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Clark cannot play in Denver because of the sickle cell trait he has that makes it dangerous for him to play in high altitudes. Other than games missed there, Clark has not sat out a game due to injury since 2008.
    That is an incredible statistic, given the way that Ryan plays the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Clark's recurring concussions lends credence to the conjecture that once you have one it is easier to get additional ones. I'm sure he will will be on a class action suit against the NFL soon after retirement.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Clark's recurring concussions lends credence to the conjecture that once you have one it is easier to get additional ones. I'm sure he will will be on a class action suit against the NFL soon after retirement.
    I'm thinking that comments like he made here preclude his participation in a CAL. The basis for the lawsuits is that players did not understand the risks that they were taking while participating in the NFL. This shows that Clark fully understands and has decided to play anyway.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I'm thinking that comments like he made here preclude his participation in a CAL. The basis for the lawsuits is that players did not understand the risks that they were taking while participating in the NFL. This shows that Clark fully understands and has decided to play anyway.
    Not only this, but post-retirement treatment will be better for current and future retired players as opposed to what happened in the 60s and 70s...

Legend

User Info Menu

Crosby: Steelers’ Clark taking chance

By Josh Yohe
    Published: Friday, November 16, 2012

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby has spent much of his time during the NHL lockout watching NFL games, specifically when the Steelers are playing.

He will be watching Sunday night’s game against Baltimore with a cautious eye as free safety Ryan Clark has been cleared to play despite absorbing two concussions in the past three weeks.

Few athletes are sensitive to concussions like Crosby, who has missed 101 games in the past two years because of concussion symptoms.

“He’s taking a chance,” Crosby said. “There are a lot of things that can happen.”

Clark was cleared to play Friday and seemed miffed that so many are questioning his decision to play. Crosby believes the pressure of a 16-game schedule is typically why football players are quicker to return from concussions than hockey players.

“The fact that there’s only 16 games doesn’t help,” Crosby said. “You miss one game in 16, that’s (essentially) a playoff game that you’re missing. There’s a lot of pressure on you when you’re making that decision. If a guy feels like he can get through it, and he’s willing to take the chance, then by all means … but first of all, you’ve got your health, And then, can you even perform? Those are decisions you have to make.”

Crosby wouldn’t be surprised if Clark alters his historically tenacious, head-first hitting style against Baltimore.

“He might be different with the way he tackles,” Crosby said. “Is he going to lead with his head? Probably not.”

Crosby knows about the self-imposed pressure of playing in big games but was forced to miss the 2011 playoff series against Tampa Bay.

“Some guys just get headaches,” he said. “Other guys, it’s their memory. For me, even if I wanted to play (against Tampa Bay), I couldn’t have because I was so messed up.”

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/2973873-85/crosby-game-games-clark-concussions-pressure-chance-baltimore-bay-cleared#ixzz2CXAPDI00[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha