Thread: Source: Antonio Brown will miss a few GAMES

Legend

User Info Menu

Source: Antonio Brown will miss a few GAMES

To no surprise, Steelers receiver Antonio Brown has been ruled out of Monday night’s game against the Chiefs. To some surprise, his ankle injury is bad enough that it could cause him to miss, per a source with knowledge of the situation, a few games.

After Sunday’s win over the Giants, Brown said he has a high ankle sprain, but that he’ll be fine. (Rarely is any player with a high ankle sprain ever “fine.”) We later reported that it’s not a high ankle sprain, and that in the hours after the game it wasn’t regarded as severe.

Per the source, it’s worse than believed. Beyond Monday night’s game, the Steelers face the Ravens, the Browns, and then the Ravens again.

With Brown out, Emmanuel Sanders becomes the starter. Unless and until he gets injured — a real one, not a fake one.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace adjusts his game on the fly

[url]http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcnorth&id=58693[/url]

By Jamison Hensley | Nov 10, 2012 2:00 PM
    When wide receiver Mike Wallace ended his offseason holdout and reported to the Steelers 12 days before the season opener, he returned to a new offense, new role and a new challenge.

He was no longer the wide receiver whom coach Mike Tomlin had described as a "one-trick pony" whose game relied on beating defenders on deep routes. In Todd Haley's new offense, which focuses on safer and shorter routes, Wallace has had to adjust in order to retain a big role. It was a change based on survival -- and not necessarily by choice.

The Steelers might have lost at the New York Giants if not for the new Wallace. Pittsburgh trailed by 10 points early in last Sunday's fourth quarter when Wallace made a key adjustment in what has been year filled with them. The Giants, who had blitzed only three times in the first three quarters, decided to send six defenders on third-and-5. Wallace and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger both identified the blitz and changed the route to a quick slant at the line of scrimmage.

Catching the ball five yards downfield, Wallace broke across the field and kicked into a gear that not many players have. His speed allowed him to outrun four Giants players even though they took the right angle to get to him. That 51-yard touchdown was the turning point in the win and may become the turning point in Wallace's season.

"I’m kind of understanding my role in the offense, it’s not just to go deep anymore, (it’s) kind of short, and it’s just learning to accept that,” Wallace said after the win in New York. “My history and being the kind of player I am, I like deep plays. But I’ve got to continue staying in the game and, like I said, catch a short one and make it long. That’s going to be my focus for the rest of the year.”

Wallace's inability to alter his game last season, when defenses played Cover 2 against him, was one of the reasons he faded at the end of 2011. To his credit, he remains the Steelers' leading receiver in this new style of offense.

He's on pace to set career marks in receptions and touchdowns, and he's close to matching his yards from last season. The only dropoff in Wallace's game has been his yards-per-catch average, which has fallen from a career mark of 18.7 yards to 13.5 yards this season. He's also had some problems dropping passes this season as well.

Defenses, though, continue to fear Wallace. His nine touchdowns of 50-plus yards is the third-most in the NFL since 2009. Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) is not expected to play Monday night against visiting Kansas City, so the Chiefs' priority on pass defense will be containing Wallace and his speed.

"He's a blur," Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel said. "That's how fast he is. He's really fast and makes it difficult to defend him because he has that kind of speed."

Crennel added, "You've got to stay back, or either he runs past you, and when you stay back, then he stops and hooks it up in front of you and then it's a catch-and-run. You're kind of between a rock and a hard place when you're trying to defend that kind of speed."

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown could be back for next Ravens game, in two weeks

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2012

The parade of missing players for Sunday night’s Ravens-Steelers game in Pittsburgh could have one less float when the AFC North rivalry returns to Baltimore in two weeks.

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, the team’s MVP in 2011, could be back from a sprained ankle in two weeks, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

Brown sprained the ankle two weeks ago in a game against the Giants. It wasn’t expected to be serious at the time, but he has missed two games, and he likely will miss next Sunday’s game at Cleveland.

In addition to Brown, the latest installment of one of the best sports rivalries will be played without Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger or Steelers safety Troy Polamalu. Missing for the Ravens are linebacker Ray Lewis, cornerback Lardardius Webb, and cornerback Jimmy Smith.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/17/antonio-brown-could-be-back-for-next-ravens-game-in-two-weeks/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha