Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to step up.... Leftwich is 0-6 in his last six games as a starter... Double Yoi!

Backup

User Info Menu

Time to step up.... Leftwich is 0-6 in his last six games as a starter... Double Yoi!

Leftwich is 0-6 in his last six games as a starter, his last victory coming on Oct. 8, 2006. Hopefully Haley will have him ready and play to his strengths... That long wind up throwing motion of his has always concerned me... It's not ideal for getting rid of the ball quickly in a short passing game. The Rats D will be looking to get to him very quickly. Our OL really needs to step up BIG TIME and give him some time. This will be one of the keys to this game. Lefty can still wing the ball if he has the time. I hope he has some great practices this week and shakes off any rust! The Rats will probably load up the box and see if Byron can beat them. If the Steelers can get the run game going again and the D shows up, I like our chances. God I despise that smug *ss Harbaugh! Hopefully we can knock the smug off his face!

Legend

User Info Menu

Now I'm depressed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    One of my favorite movies ever!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 11-14-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So does anyone think Lefty makes it out of this game healthy?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is probably explained elsewhere, but what is wrong with Batch? I want him to start.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    One of my favorite movies ever!!!
    not to hijack - but I still fly professionally.

to this day, whether it's in the simulator or an actual malfunction I stay pretty consistent.

'I have the aircraft'
    'set safe altitude in the altitude select'
    'stand by the checklist'
    'AND GET ME REX KRAMER!'

any pilot who goes 'huh?' is usually taken off my line.........

If you can't quote 'airplane' you're not part of my world.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If you can't quote 'airplane' you're not part of my world.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't let the stat that he's 0-6 in his last 6 starts worry me too much. He went 0-3 for a horrible 3-13 Tampa team in 2009. He went 0-2 for an awful 4-12 Falcons team in 2007. And he lost his last start for a .500 Jaguars team in 2006. Before those last 6 losses, he was 24-19 in his previous starts in Jacksonville. So he can't win with horrible talent around him. No surprise. But the talent on this team more resembles the talent from the 2004 & 2005 Jimmy Smith/Fred Taylor Jags (and he was 16-9 as a starter during those 2 seasons with 30 TD's and 15 INT's. All he has to do for us is manage the game and distribute the ball...don't try to be a hero.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.