Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to step up.... Leftwich is 0-6 in his last six games as a starter... Double Yoi!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I wouldn't let the stat that he's 0-6 in his last 6 starts worry me too much. He went 0-3 for a horrible 3-13 Tampa team in 2009. He went 0-2 for an awful 4-12 Falcons team in 2007. And he lost his last start for a .500 Jaguars team in 2006. Before those last 6 losses, he was 24-19 in his previous starts in Jacksonville. So he can't win with horrible talent around him. No surprise. But the talent on this team more resembles the talent from the 2004 & 2005 Jimmy Smith/Fred Taylor Jags (and he was 16-9 as a starter during those 2 seasons with 30 TD's and 15 INT's. All he has to do for us is manage the game and distribute the ball...don't try to be a hero.
    Are you saying he has only been with us since '10?
    He feels like he's been here the better part of a decade!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    not to hijack - but I still fly professionally.

to this day, whether it's in the simulator or an actual malfunction I stay pretty consistent.

'I have the aircraft'
    'set safe altitude in the altitude select'
    'stand by the checklist'
    'AND GET ME REX KRAMER!'

any pilot who goes 'huh?' is usually taken off my line.........

If you can't quote 'airplane' you're not part of my world.
    I was under the weather a few weeks back and just rewatched Airplane and Forrest Gump. I thought Airplane was one of the funniest movies ever when I was a kid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Are you saying he has only been with us since '10?
    He feels like he's been here the better part of a decade!
    I can barely remember him playing in Jax or leaving for a few years. I feel like he's been here Ben's whole career.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Time for the TEAM to rally around Leftwich.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With how long it takes Lefty to wind up I see a lot of deep balls to Wallace. If we hit one or two of those we win. If we don't we go down in flames. Lefty isn't the type who can lead us on 12 play drives like Ben can.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Time for the TEAM to rally around Leftwich.
    You nailed it! Couldn't agree more! It's time the whole team steps up and clicks in all phases. If they do the Rats are beatable. I'm a little concerned about the long vertical plays that Flacco is capable of. Can't allow any cheap big plays... make them earn every inch!