Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rotating of the RB's is not the answer!

Legend

User Info Menu

With Ben out, the defenses we face will load up to stop the run...I'm not real optimistic about our success running the ball under that scenario, whether we have one back getting the bulk of the carries or do the committee thing...the heart and soul of this offense, the one that makes it go, is not Dwyer or Redman or Mendenhall, it's #7.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    With Ben out, the defenses we face will load up to stop the run...I'm not real optimistic about our success running the ball under that scenario, whether we have one back getting the bulk of the carries or do the committee thing...the heart and soul of this offense, the one that makes it go, is not Dwyer or Redman or Mendenhall, it's #7.
    That is why "gloom and doom" is so prevalent right now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I would trust that the coaching staff knows a lot more than you about whether one guy deserves "the bulk of the carries" in a game. It seems pretty obvious that none of the RBs has stepped up to make that decision easy. Injuries, inconsistencies, missed reads, frequent spells doesn't instill a lot of confidence in a coach about a player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyer looks the more 'complete' RB. Redman looks best as the relief hitter. Chadman would probably give Redman a third of the carries Dwyer gets, or less, depending on the flow of the game.

Chadman think's it's more important to get Batch & Rainey involved though- change of pace RB's instead of change of cleats RB's- Dwyer & Redman are just a rotation of the same RB.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I would trust that the coaching staff knows a lot more than you about whether one guy deserves "the bulk of the carries" in a game. It seems pretty obvious that none of the RBs has stepped up to make that decision easy. Injuries, inconsistencies, missed reads, frequent spells doesn't instill a lot of confidence in a coach about a player.
    Yeah because coaches never make mistakes................
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is THE point I've been making with these two ignoramuses. I suppose the OP is talking about the KC game, where both seemed to platoon carries. Both have had golden opportunities to take the job for their own... and both have pushed away from it. It's like they're scared of success...

Dwyer had two impressive 100-yard efforts in a row. He could've went for a 3rd in the Giants game, if he simply 'naded up and played. But he sat out that game--because he had a charlie horse! What happened? Redman took over, and got the 147 yards that could've certainly been Dwyer's. Three 100-yard games in a row, it would've been!

So what is the coaching staff supposed to do, supposed to think? They CAN'T hang their hat on either of these two bozos.