Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben Officially Ruled Out

Starter

User Info Menu

With Ben any speculation on how long he is going to be out is pointless. It wouldn't surprise me if Ben is out for a month. It wouldn't surprise me if Ben plays vs Cleveland.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    What rib injury? I haven't heard anything about ribs.
    Roethlisberger has rare, potentially dangerous rib injury

November 14, 2012
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said today that he has a partially dislocated rib that could make it dangerous for him to play again until it heals.

Roethlisberger said the rib injury is a bigger concern than the shoulder sprain. He said his doctor told him that the rib injury could kill him by pressing against his aorta and that it is so rare that the last time the doctor saw a similar injury was in a rugby player in 1998.

The Steelers said today that backup quarterback Byron Leftwich will start when they play the Baltimore Ravens at home Sunday night.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-quarterback-has-rare-potentially-dangerous-rib-injury-662035/#ixzz2CDp8vJ2d[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We're screwed. Of all the times we have seen Ben get blasted, that hit seemed completely harmless at the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any QBs available on the waiver wire? What's Brett Favre doing these days? Beside sending pictures on his phone?

Legend

User Info Menu

From the Ravens' Terrell Suggs today on the toughness of #7:

“Until the ball is snapped, I’m still preparing as if he’s playing,” Suggs said, via Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun. “Like I said, I saw the guy play on a broken ankle when he came down here, and we even broke his nose, and the guy continued to play, and if you all recall, it didn’t pan out too good for us at the end of that game. So like I said, until that ball is snapped when we’re on the field and [the Ravens offense is] off the field, I’m not ruling him out. You can never question this guy’s toughness. Guys like that are what this game is about

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gotta admit...that was a cool statement by Suggs.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Any QBs available on the waiver wire?
    the only name I've seen linked to us that seemed plausible was David Garrard and we would only sign him if either Leftwich or Batch were injured.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha