Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Officially Ruled Out

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben Officially Ruled Out

No link. I just watched it announced on NFL AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    No link. I just watched it announced on NFL AM.

Heard it on ESPN TV.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

I hope they consider starting Batch over Leftwich. IMHO Batch gives us the best chance to win on Sunday. Hes not mobile, but more mobile than Leftwich. Batch can make all the throws, and is better suited to run Haleys short passing offense. I really cant see Leftwich being incredibly effective given his slow release. Kind of hard to catch a 100 mile per hour bubble screen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Got a text from Steelers.com..he's out. I trust the coaches over which QB takes over for Ben.. they see them every week in practice. if they say Lefty, then, he's the better option.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope they consider starting Batch over Leftwich. IMHO Batch gives us the best chance to win on Sunday. Hes not mobile, but more mobile than Leftwich. Batch can make all the throws, and is better suited to run Haleys short passing offense. I really cant see Leftwich being incredibly effective given his slow release. Kind of hard to catch a 100 mile per hour bubble screen.
    I suspect Haley will adapt to Byron's strengths. Wally may even benefit from more downfield passes.

The only thing that worries me is we're 2 plays away from no QB. Heck CBatch dressing in his uniform might be enough to get him injured.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Batch may have one of the weakest arms in the entire NFL. He overcomes this with great anticipation, intelligence, and accuracy. But, to say he "can make all the throws" is simply unture. You are correct that Leftwich's release is a problem, especially in this offense.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Batch may have one of the weakest arms in the entire NFL. He overcomes this with great anticipation, intelligence, and accuracy. But, to say he "can make all the throws" is simply unture. You are correct that Leftwich's release is a problem, especially in this offense.
    Not to mention, Batch seems to have the same bones as my grandmother.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    First off, how often have we gone deep this year? Once, maybe twice a game. So maybe Byron is better at those throws. I guarantee you Batch is better at the rest of the throws. Ill take the guy who can make all the throws, (which in my opinion he can do) any day of the week. I disagree with you on Charlies arm strength. What do you base that assessment on? Perception is not always reality.

Legend

User Info Menu

Leftwich has been named the starter.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not to mention, Batch seems to have the same bones as my grandmother.
    Leftwich isnt exactly a pillar of health.