Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rotating of the RB's is not the answer!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The rotating of the RB's is not the answer!

The Steelers need to let one of these guys get into a grove. Rotating between two backs is not going to do that. Instead of trying to make every one happy the focus should be on winning football games. And I don't think rotating backs and not letting one guy get into a rhythm is working towards that. Now that Ben is out the focus needs to be more on the running game and working towards it be successful.

I vote for Jonathan Dwyer.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    here's a pic of Dwyer...

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 11-14-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't seen a rotate-to-keep'em-all-happy" plan at all. I've seen a next-man-up-from-injury plan. Week to week, they've all taken their turn dropping out with injuries. If ANY one of them stayed healthy AND produced, that person would see most of the action.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I haven't seen a rotate-to-keep'em-all-happy" plan at all. I've seen a next-man-up-from-injury plan. Week to week, they've all taken their turn dropping out with injuries. If ANY one of them stayed healthy AND produced, that person would see most of the action.
    Eich did you see the last game the Steelers played? They had two healthy backs and chose to split carries. That method didn't really work. And this is coming off the heals of their running attack having worked very well when it was a one back carry the load approach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

..and before anyone says it, I know Dwyer had twice as many carries as Redman but most of those were in the second half. Redman started out getting the bulk of the carries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    The Steelers need to let one of these guys get into a grove. Rotating between two backs is not going to do that. Instead of trying to make every one happy the focus should be on winning football games. And I don't think rotating backs and not letting one guy get into a rhythm is working towards that. Now that Ben is out the focus needs to be more on the running game and working towards it be successful.

I agree. Redman should stay on the sideline unless Dwyer needs a breather. RBs need to develop a rhythm and can't do that going in and out.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Six of one, a half-dozen of the other...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. Redman should stay on the sideline unless Dwyer needs a breather. RBs need to develop a rhythm and can't do that going in and out.
    That's just it. The backs we've been left with need lots of breathers. They've been injured and aren't 100%.

If any one of these guys gets consistency in their play and their health, you're going to see more consistency in their reps.

Legend

User Info Menu

A 20/10 split in carries between 2 backs seems reasonable. I think the issue you may have is you'd like JD to get the bulk of the carries and start getting them early to get him into the flow of the game. And have Redman give him a series or 2 breathers throughout the game.

I thought the way the Steelers split up the carries was ok. And I don't mind bringing in JD as a closer. But neither back seemed to be able to run against what looked like a good KC D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. Redman should stay on the sideline unless Dwyer needs a breather.
    with Dwyer that would be after any run of over 5 yards or after two consecutive carries.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha