Thread: It's Ravens Week

Legend

User Info Menu

It's Ravens Week

Anyone jacked up yet?

I am.

Ben being out might turn into a positive. Let's see other guys step their game up. Let's take it to the Ravens with our backups.

I want to see the resiliency of this team. We've seen what the D can do without Troy/Harrison and a lot of other missing parts.

Now let's see what we can do without Ben.

Let's keep stacking the wins. And looking ahead, it's good to get close victories. It mentally prepares the team for the playoffs. It readies us to grind out the victories.

Now we get to practice without our franchise QB. This will pay dividends in the playoffs.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a big week for us.

Let's go!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I like your positive outlook but finding it more and more difficult to smoke the same stuff you're enjoying !

If there's one thing I've learned during the course of this season so far, it's that I absolutely cannot predict what's going to happen week-to-week. It's a roller coaster in the dark. When Ben went down, I figured "game-over" against the Rats this weekend (no Ben, no Troy, no AB, possibly no Clark). So, here's to my first instinct being absolutely incorrect !

Legend

User Info Menu

Resiliency unfortunately runs smack dab into a better opponent eventually. I want to find a glimmer of hope for the next 3-4 weeks but looking for those little flecks of gold panning through all that sand and rock is really hard right now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not like the Ravens are the Texans. I view Baltimore as a middle of the road team.

And it's not like Byron's stepping into the best Offense in the league and has high expectations. We're the #18 scoring O. Byron can live up to that.

We have the #7 scoring D. So the D will have to continue carrying us like it has.

Joe Flacco isn't good on the road. Baltimore's D has issues. This is completely doable in Pittsburgh and then we'll be in their heads heading into Baltimore in another 2 weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We have the #7 scoring D. So the D will have to continue carrying us like it has.
    Therein lies the problem. The "D" hasn't been carrying us and they don't have the ability to. This is not the defense of 3-5 years ago. It is just as likely to lay an egg (Oakland, Tennesse, etc) as have a dominant game.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Resiliency unfortunately runs smack dab into a better opponent eventually. I want to find a glimmer of hope for the next 3-4 weeks but looking for those little flecks of gold panning through all that sand and rock is really hard right now.
    You want a glimmer of hope, I have a glimmer of hope, it's known as Cleveland!

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Therein lies the problem. The "D" hasn't been carrying us and they don't have the ability to. This is not the defense of 3-5 years ago. It is just as likely to lay an egg (Oakland, Tennesse, etc) as have a dominant game.
    I view the O's inability to score enough points as a bigger problem. Ben's got the biggest contract, yet we're not even in the top half of teams in terms of scoring.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not the defense we've seen in the past - the pass rush is not as good - but the D largely carried the day against the Giants.

What worries me is that the Ravens run game seems to be a bad matchup for this defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha