Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
The thing is I don't think the Steelers will win with a QB that does "just OK". At least not against B-more and the Chargers, and really the Browns defense is not all that bad (20th in scoring defense). The analysts talked about QBs that bring more to the game than Xs and Os and Ben was in the top 5 of that category. Leftwich will play the Xs and Os but to win consistently and win in the playoffs, a QB needs to bring that extra dimension, otherwise you would see a Cassell or Cam in the playoffs as much as a Brady, Rodgers or Roethlisberger.
I'm not saying the Steelers can win in the playoffs without Ben, but I certainly believe that the Steelers can get to the playoffs without Ben. As I mentioned all the teams behind the Steelers have to go 6-1 or 6-0 if the Steelers go 4-3 and the Dolphins were losing tonight which means they'll need to be 6-0 the rest of the way (should they hang on to their loss) just to get to 10 wins. It's not a guarantee, but I think the Steelers are good enoungh to win 4 out 7 over the next 7 weeks with or without Ben.

The playoffs, well, that's an entirely different animal.

Pappy