Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gruden, Dan Patrick, etc

Administrator

User Info Menu

Gruden, Dan Patrick, etc

Chucky said it time and time again....

The Chief's obviously saw a weakness on the left side of the Steelersd-line. I think all rushes in the 1st half except for 1 were behind the Chiefs right side of their offensive line. (our d's left side). Their game plan from the very beginning was to run the ball right at Ziggy Hood.

I saw on multiple occasions Ziggy Hood getting pushed 10 yards off the line by 1 blocker. His ineffectiveness to do his job was causing a domino effect. He couldn't hold his ground against 1 blocker let alone 2 which caused both Foote and Woodley to get picked up easily by additional blockers.

I fear that Ray Rice will run the ball right down the Steelers throats.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Chucky said it time and time again....

The Chief's obviously saw a weakness on the left side of the Steelersd-line. I think all rushes in the 1st half except for 1 were behind the Chiefs right side of their offensive line. (our d's left side). Their game plan from the very beginning was to run the ball right at Ziggy Hood.

I saw on multiple occasions Ziggy Hood getting pushed 10 yards off the line by 1 blocker. His ineffectiveness to do his job was causing a domino effect. He couldn't hold his ground against 1 blocker let alone 2 which caused both Foote and Woodley to get picked up easily by additional blockers.

I fear that Ray Rice will run the ball right down the Steelers throats.
    We can only hope he steps it up. He did seem to a bit at the end, or maybe my standards just got lower as the game went on (2AM beer goggle syndrome!).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ZIGGY needs to stay LOW even if it means falling down.
    If you have a chance watch the Jammal Charles TD. Ziggy just keeps going backwards. If He collapses and the hole isn't 7 yards wide anymore, but maybe 3. That's a lot less room for Charles to make a move in the hole which he did on Allen.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    ZIGGY needs to stay LOW even if it means falling down.
    If you have a chance watch the Jammal Charles TD. Ziggy just keeps going backwards. If He collapses and the hole isn't 7 yards wide anymore, but maybe 3. That's a lot less room for Charles to make a move in the hole which he did on Allen.
    That's funny. Ziggy would perform better if he just falls down.

Maybe that would work for Casey too

Rookie

User Info Menu

Our wise compadre Pappy posted this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Chiefs ran the ball 8 times to the right for 26 yards and up the middle 5 times for 16 yards in the second half, the Chiefs absolutely gouged them with the run game to the right and middle in the second half. Darn, I forgot, Lebeau doesn't adjust to anything, what was I thinking?

The first half was ugly and the first quarter was scary bad as the Chiefs ran to the right 12 times or 62 yards in the first half. The first quarter was 8 runs to the right for 52 yards, so that leaves the second quarter at 4 runs to the right for 10 yards. I think you're letting the first quarter skew your perception of what actually happened on the field after the first quarter.

Pappy
    It was certainly an ugly first quarter...nonetheless, Ziggy adjusted...

After that nasty, stank first quarter, the Chiefs ran to Ziggy's side 12 times for a total of 36 yards...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

they were saying this morning that the Chiefs D knew some of the Steelers play calls and were calling them out on the line. There were several times where there wasn't anyone open at all and no holes at all for the RB, so this could very well be true.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    they were saying this morning that the Chiefs D knew some of the Steelers play calls and were calling them out on the line. There were several times where there wasn't anyone open at all and no holes at all for the RB, so this could very well be true.
    When Ben went down I'm assuming it was vanilla offensive calls. It looked that way on the field and I'm assuming they didn't want to make any stupid mistakes and just let the defense keep the chiefs off the scoreboard. They were either trying the quick screen or running no where until Leftwich hit cotch over the middle on that huge 3rd down pick up. Biggest play of the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    That's funny. Ziggy would perform better if he just falls down.

Maybe that would work for Casey too

Didn't work too well for Gilbert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy put on cleats the 2nd half and took off his skates
    For those who taped the game, go back and watch how pitiful he was

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'll be writing a blog about this later but check this picture out.

Steelers-Chiefs-dline-analysis.jpg
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.