Thread: Derrick Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Derrick Johnson

How many plays did this guy blow up in the backfield last night? Does he have a motor or what? ...or was it because the was blowing passed the whiffy Colon? I'd love to see that guy lining up in the middle with Timmons. They'd be a great duo.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Serious question here, with no desire to :

What are people's thoughts on Haley's "game planning"? If we're going to play a team with a particularly lethal weapon, do we draw up plays to minimize their effectiveness? Or if the game is going poorly with the initial game plan, has he shown he can adjust well?

I like/love what Haley has done so far with the offense, but last night's game with Johnson in the backfield almost as much as Ben was made me wonder if adjustments are part of Haley's skill set too.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Heath Miller was assigned to block Johnson quite a bit last night and failed miserably...

As well as he performed against the Giants, he was shockingly ineffective against the Chiefs...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Heath Miller was assigned to block Johnson quite a bit last night and failed miserably...

As well as he performed against the Giants, he was shockingly ineffective against the Chiefs...
    As much as I love Heath I have to agree with Slapstick. Several times Heath fell all over himself trying to get a piece of Johnson.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

The whole team fits that description last night. They were awful
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The whole team fits that description last night. They were awful
    Not to completely excuse the team’s lack of functionality, but the weather was certainly a factor.

Legend

User Info Menu