Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomlin's PC 11/13

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it all depends on the grade of the sprain. This is good news b/c this is an injury that won't be traumatized by THROWING.
    IN other words, once Ben gets past the pain threshold to play, he will be able to throw but he will have to avoid being hit.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I take it as good news. Knowing that Tomlin said he's listed as questionable for this weeks game, AND knowing Ben's threshhold for pain, Iwouldn't be surprised if he tries to play on Sunday. Someone at the PC asked him if he'd start him on no practice time this week, and Tomlin said he did it before......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

I would be extremely surprised if Roethlisberger plays this weekend. After all it was the same injury that broke Brett Favre's iron man streak, and as tough as BB is he's no tougher than Favre. I would be very surprised if BB does not miss two or three games. One comment I've read about this particular injury that stands out to me is that if he gets hit in the same place the injury will recur. Favre missed only one game after the initial injury, but got hit when he returned and missed the last two games of his career. As much as I hate to say it, I think BB misses a minimum of three games if for no other reason than I would hate to see him try and play at Baltimore in his first game back. The Steelers need to give BB whatever time he needs to be able to come back with a reasonable chance of avoiding re-injury, put up with his inevitable crappy performance in his first game back, and then see if they can get on a run through the wild card spot. That's what happened in 2005, and that seems to have become the way to go lately. And the Steelers are absolutely capable of making that run as long as they have a healthy Ben. We saw last year what happens when they have a crippled BB. And while he's out it's time for every other Steeler to man up because they no longer have the luxury of waiting for #7 to bail them out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin: “It’s Ravens’ week for us”

Posted by Teresa Varley on November 13, 2012

There was no rest for the weary as the Steelers’ coaches were back at it on Tuesday morning, preparing for Sunday night’s game against the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field.

The Ravens are 7-2, one game up on the 6-3 Steelers in the AFC North. But both teams could have 0-15 records and you would still get the same kind of battle that is expected this week.

“It’s Ravens’ week for us,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “This is going to be an awesome game. It always is. They are a talented bunch as they are perennially. They are a very good football team.”

The Ravens might be without their emotional leader on defense in Ray Lewis, who is on the injured reserve-designated for return list, but they certainly aren’t hurting for talent there.

“They still have some guys that have historically been issues for us,” said Tomlin. “Haloti Ngata is a guy that has created issues for us in the past and anyone else that suits up against him. He is tough to deal with. Terrell Suggs is back in action. He has had big games against us in the past. Ed Reed kills everyone.”

Reed continues to be a thorn in the side of opposing offenses with three interceptions so far this season, while cornerback Cary Williams leads the team with four.

“Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe and Cary Williams are all playing really good football for them. These are guys that have grown in their program and have been playing for them for a number of years,” said Tomlin. “They are familiar names to us but might not be familiar to others. When I watch them on tape I see the emergence of this group and their ability to deliver crucial plays for them. They step up when needed.”

Another player who has stepped up this year is quarterback Joe Flacco, the AFC’s seventh leading passer. Flacco has completed 186 passes for 2,331 yards and 13 touchdowns, while spreading the ball around to prime targets Anquan Boldin, Dennis Pitta, and Torrey Smith, as well as Ray Rice who is a threat in the air but primarily on the ground.

“They are continuing to grow on offense and mature with their quarterback,” said Tomlin. “The offense runs through Joe Flacco. They do a lot of no-huddle. They have a lot of autonomy for him, and rightfully so. He’s a great decision maker. He spreads the ball around to a variety of guys. He does a nice job of highlighting the talents of people.”

It all boils down to a classic battle to stay in the race in the AFC North, and the bottom line this week is this game is not going to be one for the faint of heart.

“More than anything, we understand what this matchup is all about,” said Tomlin. “It’s about physicality and playing good, hard-nosed football. We expect them to do that, and we better be prepared to do it.”

[URL]http://blog.steelers.com/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Sid got this right. To say it will take 3-6 weeks without knowing the degree of the injury is silly speculation. A mild SC injury can heal in just a few days. A tear at the SC joint can need surgery and healing can be 3 months+. So, we are looking at 3 days to 3 months depending on the severity of the injury. More often than not in well trained athletes, it's closer to the front end of that. If you want wild speculations without an MRI, it's likely he will miss a couple games, but might be able to play this week.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

102.5 DVE out of Pittsburgh is reporting Leftwich WILL start Sunday night......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion