Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timmons "Haters" Still Out There?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As Mike Mayock would say, when he sees it, he one of the best linebackers in the business. Sometimes he is late out of his stance and he doesn't always fill running lanes as he should, but other than that, he is a pretty amazing linebacker. Look, almost every great linebacker has a hole or two in his game (only freaks like Patrick Willis are the rare exception). I'm very happy with Timmons and glad we signed him to an extension. In time, the Timmons pick may go down as the best pick of the Tomlin era. I believe he is still improving. Having more effective pass rushers and run stuffers around him will only make him better.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Whatever your opinion on Timmons prior to this season, there is absolutely nothing to hate regarding his performance this season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    As Mike Mayock would say, when he sees it, he one of the best linebackers in the business. Sometimes he is late out of his stance and he doesn't always fill running lanes as he should, but other than that, he is a pretty amazing linebacker. Look, almost every great linebacker has a hole or two in his game (only freaks like Patrick Willis are the rare exception). I'm very happy with Timmons and glad we signed him to an extension. In time, the Timmons pick may go down as the best pick of the Tomlin era. I believe he is still improving. Having more effective pass rushers and run stuffers around him will only make him better.
    I completely agree with your rational assessment!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Timmons has clearly stepped his game up, but like some said: Labeau has an awful lot to do with how many plays he makes week to week.

Legend

User Info Menu

he's played well lately and he's even beating his blocker when rushing the QB now, something we haven't seen up until this year.

but as far as bashing harrison. sucks to get old and comeback after an injury.
    if timmons has half the career deebo has had as a steeler, i dont think anyone will be disappointed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm still here. I think Hood is a waste too.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

What would you like Hood to do? He is in a 3-4 not a 4-3. I think some guys want 3-4 lineman to play like 4-3 lineman. Totally different

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just to do what Arron Smith used to do. Confront the O-line, allow the linebackers their opps and stop the run. So I guess I want him to do what he is paid todo.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Thats what he does. Name three impact plays in Aaron Smith's career. Its hard to do. He was the consumate pro and a good Dlineman. But in our scheme the Ends are as inconspicuous as a black ant on a black rock at midnight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    But in our scheme the Ends are as inconspicuous as a black ant on a black rock at midnight.
    I wish we didn't notice Hood so much