Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ben Has Separated Shoulder

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelreal, welcome aboard. I 'm guessing from your post that you plan on seeing our Steelers in the playoffs. Love your enthusiasm but I'm worried right now that being already at the 6th seed spot and Ben injured....ouch !
    I know Peyton was going to improve the Broncos but not as well as he did. I never would have guessed that the Colts would be in the topic. You can always count on the Ravens and the Cheats to be there and the Texans are no brainers. If we don't make the playoffs, Super Bowl I will be cheering on the Texans.

Just as a measuring stick, I wonder how many teams that lost the opener went on to the playoffs and won it all ? I'm thinking it was the Cowboys in 95 and when they beat us in the Super Bowl.....Strike that, when O"Donnell lost the Super Bowl. I wonder how many Steeler teams have lost the opener two years in a row ?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Im not concerned with losing openers. I'm concerened with losing in the end. Thats what counts. I am enthusiastic because the Steelers are good and One guy has never stopped us, so I dont know why everyone is worried. We dont depend on Ben like the Colts depended on Manning. Like the Pats depend on Brady. Ben is not that type of impact player. Ben impacts the game in spurts. Those two impact the game every week. If They play poorly then their respective teams generally lose. Ben can play poorly and we can still win because we are the Steelers. We are a Team. No one man stops the show. Lastly, I think Tomlin is more of a coach when Ben is out. Dont know why but it seems as if he is more vocal and active on the sidelines. We beat the Ravens by 10 or more. We are good. Thx for the welcome

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't remember us beating the Ravens without Ben. Sure I want our Steelers to win but, with the Ravens being the first team up with Lefty not having much playing time of late..It's a tall order.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Its not like we dont lose to them with Ben. Did you forget a 35-7 loss last year? They swept us and Ben played. We lost by 3 with Dixon and Batch. Ben came back and we won by 3. Im not worried at all, we will win this game easily. Watch how smooth the offense looks under Leftwich. He's no Ben but hes a good quarterback for the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know we've lost with Ben at the helm last year and yes, Lefty is an excellent backup in my opinion providing he doesn't get hurt and he can shake off the rust. We won a few games when Ben had his suspension but, that team was much better.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

We are the Steelers gentlemen. We went 13-3 with Kordell. Ravens are in trouble

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've never known an NFL team to fall apart because the Steelers had won in the past. The Raiders, Bronco's and Titans must not know of the Steeler legacy. Obviously there were a few Chiefs that didn't get the memo either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    Watch how smooth the offense looks under Leftwich. He's no Ben but hes a good quarterback for the Steelers.
    yeah, I saw how smoothly Leftwich led the Steelers' offense to 3 points in the second half against Kansas City...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha