Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Has Separated Shoulder

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't get some Steeler fans, but within the next 5-6 years the ones that didn't enjoy the time that Ben was a Steeler are really going to be miserable as the Steelers search for his replacement. Then they may realize that they weren't paying attention or were too busy wishing he played a different way, but make no mistake about it, unless, the Steelers catch lightning in a bottle in the draft the Steelers are going to suffer interminably because of average quarterback play.

They'll all be cheering when he's thanking the Rooneys, Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, his teammates and family on the stage at Canton.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I don't get some Steeler fans, but within the next 5-6 years the ones that didn't enjoy the time that Ben was a Steeler are really going to be miserable as the Steelers search for his replacement. Then they may realize that they weren't paying attention or were too busy wishing he played a different way, but make no mistake about it, unless, the Steelers catch lightning in a bottle in the draft the Steelers are going to suffer interminably because of average quarterback play.

They'll all be cheering when he's thanking the Rooneys, Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, his teammates and family on the stage at Canton.

Pappy

I was getting texts from a couple of friends last night that Ben sucks... I was like, WTH.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post

I was getting texts from a couple of friends last night that Ben sucks... I was like, WTH.
    Yea, he was average last night and that compared to the norm looks like a lot of "suck", but the beauty of it is that at given moment he can put together the drive or make the play that wins the game, even when he isn't at his best. Ask the Chiefs fans if they have that kind of faith in Cassell, or the Vikings in Ponder, or the Bengals in Dalton, etc, etc, etc. They may lie and tell you yes, but then there's reality.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is a phenomenal QB and is a lock for the HOF.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yea, he was average last night and that compared to the norm looks like a lot of "suck", but the beauty of it is that at given moment he can put together the drive or make the play that wins the game, even when he isn't at his best. Ask the Chiefs fans if they have that kind of faith in Cassell, or the Vikings in Ponder, or the Bengals in Dalton, etc, etc, etc. They may lie and tell you yes, but then there's reality.

Pappy
    Heck, ask Atlanta fans if they trust Ryan. Or Houston if they trust Schaub. Or Chicago if they trust Culter.

In fact there's only a small handful of QBs I'd trust with the game on the line. Ben, Eli, Brady....that's about it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we have 3-4 really bright spots on offense. Ben, pouncey, brown and miller all play their minds out. The others... They seem to play down to the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben was getting some serious love from Gruden and Tirico last night. MVP talk. I'm thinking - where the heck have you all been the last 9 years while Ben has been to THREE Super Bowls???

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed: Roethlisberger's Rib Injury May be of More Concern

TUESDAY, 13 NOVEMBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Besides his sprained right shoulder, Ben Roethlisberger also has a rib injury of some extent that Mike Tomlin did not mention at his press conference today.

A source said that injury could be more serious than anyone is letting on, and maybe even more serious than his right shoulder injury.

At mid-afternoon today the Steelers medical staff was still working through all the tests and trying to evaluate them.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118851-ed-roethlisbergers-rib-injury-may-be-of-more-concern[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I'm not too worried. First, the Steelers are going to be very ok with wild rumors about Ben before the Ravens game. Second a shoulder contusion, even with a separation is generally not all that worrisome. If he has a small rotator cuff tear, the contusion likely flared up some inflammation and pain. As long as that rotator cuff didn't further tear, Ben should be good to go...throw a ill steroid and anesthetic in the shoulder before the game.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Now it's being reported as a sternoclavicular injury. I highly doubt we are going to get any real information.
    Trolls are people too.