Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Ben Has Separated Shoulder

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    BULL Droppings is was. It is significant and he is going to miss a month or more. I call that significant.
    What is this pick on Shawn day? A SC injury was all that was revealed when I posted that. While I don't have medical people in my family I do know most SC injuries while painful are not a huge deal. The rib injury came out later. Of course that is signicant...of course it's an issue.
    Last edited by Shawn; 11-15-2012 at 04:27 PM.

  2. #52
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,909
    I'm lucky enough to have been a young fan when the Steelers 70's team became the icon of the NFL. Having wacthed so much Steeler football and having the blind love I have for the Steelers 70's teams, players I can honestly say, Ben has it all over Bradshaw. He's tougher, more accurate, everything you can say positive about Ben's qb abilities. Terry might have a better deep ball but going into battle and if I had to pick one, it would be Ben.
    This talk about Ben being a drama queen, or Ben isn't a good qb is off the charts for me. These same poster will cry the blues when we have to go with a new qb. Big Bens don't fall out of trees and it took 25 years to get past the Bradshaw era. A SC injury might be an okay injury for someone that doesn't play football and even if the rib wasn't pointed to an organ or whatever, it has to be a difficult situation just to breah let alone play football.
    Give some respect to a guy that has placed this team on his shoulder and has given up his body for the win column.
    Man, to bust on a guy that is injured and has won us two Super Bowls and brought the Steelers their 6th Lombard and put this team/city on the map again........ Wow, two faced fans out there.

  3. #53
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What is this pick on Shawn day? A SC injury was all that was revealed when I posted that. While I don't have medical people in my family I do know most SC injuries while painful are not a huge deal. The rib injury came out later. Of course that is signicant...of course it's an issue.
    Oh, look out "poor Shawn" who acts like he doesn't ridicule others whine when he gets questioned. It is so noted that you are attempting to ridicule me with your comments above. But, you will switch gears and give us your "Christian" vibe later if I call you to task for trying to ridicule me, which this board supposedly does not allow. It was the first time I read your comments about Ben's injury being exaggerated; I didn't notice when you posted it. He will miss a month. And that injury is big balls as throwing the ball will kill him with pain until it heals up. I have had that injury before, so I know about it personally. He isn't sleeping at night unless he's on major pain killing drugs.

  4. #54
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I'm lucky enough to have been a young fan when the Steelers 70's team became the icon of the NFL. Having wacthed so much Steeler football and having the blind love I have for the Steelers 70's teams, players I can honestly say, Ben has it all over Bradshaw. He's tougher, more accurate, everything you can say positive about Ben's qb abilities. Terry might have a better deep ball but going into battle and if I had to pick one, it would be Ben.
    This talk about Ben being a drama queen, or Ben isn't a good qb is off the charts for me. These same poster will cry the blues when we have to go with a new qb. Big Bens don't fall out of trees and it took 25 years to get past the Bradshaw era. A SC injury might be an okay injury for someone that doesn't play football and even if the rib wasn't pointed to an organ or whatever, it has to be a difficult situation just to breah let alone play football.
    Give some respect to a guy that has placed this team on his shoulder and has given up his body for the win column.
    Man, to bust on a guy that is injured and has won us two Super Bowls and brought the Steelers their 6th Lombard and put this team/city on the map again........ Wow, two faced fans out there.
    I agree with all of this. Has anyone went back and watched Terry Bradshaw, especially in tapes that show entire games, instead of just the highlights? He wasn't nearly as good as Ben. Not even close. Ben was instantly the better QB even as a rookie, compared to TB's first few years. TB did win 4 SBs, and always came through when it mattered most, but Ben's teams were no where near as talented - comparative to the competition - as the 1970's Steelers. Not even close. Bradshaw was no where near the QB Ben was. Ben is the better passer when you look at in collectively. Go back and watch full games of TB. He was a pretty bad short and medium passer to be honest. He lacked touch, almost like Leftwich - where they drill hard passes at targets that should be thrown at with more touch. One thing that is true about Ben, is he is a drama queen; he seems to like to report about how he is injured. I think that is his mental trap door just in case he fails, which he doesn't do very often. But you know what else he is in addition to a drama queen? One of the toughest SOB's to ever play QB in the NFL. The guy came back from a high ankle sprain and kept playing in the same game he had in injured. That is almost unheard of, especially for a QB. I have screamed at the TV when Ben throws one of his knuckle head, ill advised throws as he tends to do once or twice a game. But he makes up for them, in most games, fortunately.

  5. #55
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I have been a lifelong fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. when you told me that I should go and find another team to root for just because I predicted on a message board prediction thread that I thought the Broncos would beat us on opening day (which they did) I realized what a judgmental person you really are.

    why do you think you have the right to say something like that to a fellow Steelers fan? you didn't "hurt my feelings" with that ignorant comment of yours, you just plain insulted me. sounds to me like you have a lot of growing up to do yourself...
    I have interacted with both of you, and in my personal experience HISteel is the far more fair, more consistent, less combative dude. Shawn likes to preach about Jesus but them goes on to attempt ridicule where it was not called for. Would Jesus ridicule and attempt to make fun of others?

  6. #56
    lloydroid
    Starter
    This message is hidden because lloydroid is on your ignore list.

  7. #57
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lloydroid
    Starter
    This message is hidden because lloydroid is on your ignore list.
    Hahahaha, when you lose the debate, run and hide. LMAO. What a hypocrite.

  8. #58
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,909
    Yep, there are a couple posters on here that like to act as if they have taken the high road. What they really do is set you up, make these soft comments that are really digs. When you react or stand up for yourself, they turn it all around upon you. Your over reacting, you took it the wrong way, I didn;t mean it that way, it was a joke, I didn't think it would bother anyone. blah, blah, blah. Like I said, 97% of the posters here are great folks but the other 3%...... eh. Actually there is probably only 94% great posters. I sometimes get mad at myself and the other person that is speakng in my head.

  9. #59
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Yep, there are a couple posters on here that like to act as if they have taken the high road. What they really do is set you up, make these soft comments that are really digs. When you react or stand up for yourself, they turn it all around upon you. Your over reacting, you took it the wrong way, I didn;t mean it that way, it was a joke, I didn't think it would bother anyone. blah, blah, blah. Like I said, 97% of the posters here are great folks but the other 3%...... eh. Actually there is probably only 94% great posters. I sometimes get mad at myself and the other person that is speakng in my head.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

  10. #60
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rest up Ben. We love ya big fella and We need ya in the playoffs. Next man up!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •