Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Has Separated Shoulder

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Glazer is tweeting that Ben is ruled out for Sunday.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's shoulder injury is significant, and could force him to miss extended period, according to an ESPN.com report.

Legend

User Info Menu

Significant...extended period. I smell sensationalism.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    That's what I'm hoping too. I hate ESPN.

Legend

User Info Menu

Until I see Ben in street clothes after kick off on Sunday Night I'm not buying it.... and I don't think the Ravens are buying it either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Until I see Ben in street clothes after kick off on Sunday Night I'm not buying it.... and I don't think the Ravens are buying it either.
    I just got a text alert from Steelers.com. Leftwich has been named the starter for Sunday night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's a big wimp. Play through a little pain like Rainey.

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I'm not too worried. First, the Steelers are going to be very ok with wild rumors about Ben before the Ravens game. Second a shoulder contusion, even with a separation is generally not all that worrisome. If he has a small rotator cuff tear, the contusion likely flared up some inflammation and pain. As long as that rotator cuff didn't further tear, Ben should be good to go...throw a ill steroid and anesthetic in the shoulder before the game.
    just goes to show what happens when you speculate prematurely without knowing all of the facts...

Roethlisberger has rare, potentially dangerous rib injury

November 14, 2012
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger has a rare rib injury that won't allow him to play until it heals because it could press on his aorta and kill him.

Roethlisberger, his right arm in a sling because of a SC shoulder sprain, said today that both injuries occurred on the same play when he was sacked by Justin Houston and Tamba Hali early in the third quarter in the Steelers overtime victory against Kansas City at Heinz Field.

The Post-Gazette yesterday revealed the rib injury that coach Mike Tomlin did not mention at his press conference on Tuesday, and that it could be as serious as the shoulder. Roethlisberger said it is a dislocation of the first rib that could puncture his aorta and that it is the bigger concern of the two.

"That's the more scary part because I guess if it goes in the wrong direction it could puncture the aorta," Roethlisberger told a large group of media gathered around him in the Steelers locker room at their Southside training facility.

Because of the danger, Roethlisberger said he cannot play again until the rib heals, and has no idea how long that will take, but he did not believe his season was over.

"I'm going to get back as soon as I can, I know that much."

The Steelers announced this morning that Byron Leftwich would start Sunday night against the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field.

Roethlisberger said he's gotten only about four hours sleep the past two nights and had to sleep in a chair.

"Certain movements," he said, "are very painful." Roethlisberger said doctors told him the injury is so rare in athletes that the last one they knew about that had a similar injury was a rugby player in 1998. However, St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola reportedly had his aorta threatened when he sustained an SC shoulder sprain earlier this year because his clavicle was also dislocated and popped inward.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-quarterback-has-rare-potentially-dangerous-rib-injury-662035/#ixzz2CE676C36[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

You are funny H. Yes, it's tragic to speculate on a football message board. You hold a grudge for ages man...just let it go.

if you would like more of my crazy uninformed speculations check out this link...

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39110-Tomlin-s-PC-11-13?p=532690#post532690[/URL]
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are funny H. Yes, it's tragic to speculate on a football message board. You hold a grudge for ages man...just let it go.
    that's very ironic coming from you, how many posts did you make coming after me on the Trib Memories thread regarding NKy before you finally decided to let it go?

I would say one too many, maybe you should learn to heed your own advice.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha