Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was Batch inactive, and what would we do next week if Ben is out?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why was Batch inactive, and what would we do next week if Ben is out?

And what are the chances of losing both of them in the same game, being the immobile (and fragile, in Batch's case) guys that they are?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    And what are the chances of losing both of them in the same game, being the immobile (and fragile, in Batch's case) guys that they are?
    Is it too late to get Dixon back?

Starter

User Info Menu

where is Sherrod?
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I could see Batch do really well in this offense. Quicker release and much better touch on the short stuff. Much better than BL at this type of offense.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I could see Batch do really well in this offense. Quicker release and much better touch on the short stuff. Much better than BL at this type of offense.
    I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not sure that Charlie has enough left to even complete the short ones.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Call me crazy but if the Steelers are gonna sign some bum off the street I'd rather see them sign Tyler Palko. He started some games for KC last year so at least he know's Haley's system.

Legend

User Info Menu

The biggest thing to worry about in my mind is the O-line protection. I think they have settled in on a pass pro style that has become effective for Ben. I don't know that their skill set includes protecting QBs that are pretty much immobile.

Getting Dixon back sounds like an interesting idea. Is he signed somewhere?

Legend

User Info Menu

Byron almost got hurt on his first play. I worry about Byron and Charlie staying healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure Dixon is on the Ravens practice squad or was earlier this year. Even if he is available, no thank you.

The Tyler Palko idea if the Steelers want to bring in an emergency qb could make some sense, but only as an emergency guy. Charlie Batch is getting older, but the Steelers didn't keep him out of charity. He wouldn't be on the team if the coaching staff and FO didn't think he was capable of playing for a few quarters.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dixon is on the Ravens practice squad or was earlier this year. Even if he is available, no thank you.

The Tyler Palko idea if the Steelers want to bring in an emergency qb could make some sense, but only as an emergency guy. Charlie Batch is getting older, but the Steelers didn't keep him out of charity. He wouldn't be on the team if the coaching staff and FO didn't think he was capable of playing for a few quarters.
    If Batch is in, then it's because Lefty got hurt. It's what happens when Batch then gets injured (after a few quarters) that I'm thinking about. The mobility skills of our 2 back ups makes the likelihood of needing a 3rd guy more than negligible, IMO.

Palko, Dixon ... Slash, Testaverde ... whoever ... I'm thinking that having someone else on the squad that can throw is probably a good idea.
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 11-13-2012 at 10:48 AM.