Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why was Batch inactive, and what would we do next week if Ben is out?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    If Batch is in, then it's because Lefty got hurt. It's what happens when Batch then gets injured (after a few quarters) that I'm thinking about. The mobility skills of our 2 back ups makes the likelihood of needing a 3rd guy more than negligible, IMO.

Palko, Dixon ... Slash, Testaverde ... whoever ... I'm thinking that having someone else on the squad that can throw is probably a good idea.
    Why not bring in Jeff George to throw bombs to Wally?

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought the kid from Texas A&M showed some promise. I'm surprised someone didn't take a flyer on him. At least if the passing game breaks down he could potentially make plays with his legs. Palko would be a wise pick up as well, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

As I was watching, it was obvious that BL is not the QB to back up this system. His long windup makes it difficult to get off the quick pass that Ben has been doing all year. He is much more suited to the Arians system where he can begin his motion as the receiver is 5 yards downfield, and finally release it when he is 40 yards deep.

Legend

User Info Menu

For what it's worth, Dennis Dixon was cut from the Ravens' practice squad last week.

Ravens sign tight end Alex Silvestro to practice squad, cut Dennis Dixon
    Former Patriot visits Ravens

By Aaron Wilson

The Baltimore Sun

1:22 p.m. EST, November 7, 2012

The Ravens have signed former New England Patriots tight end Alex Silvestro to the practice squad and cut quarterback Dennis Dixon.

Silvestro visited the Ravens this week, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Silvestro can also play defensive end, but indicated he will play tight end for Baltimore.

Silvestro is a 6-foot-3, 267-pounder who was with the Patriots last season after going undrafted out of Rutgers.

"I'm just trying to see what I can do to help the team out and do whatever I can do," Silvestro said. "I'm trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can."

Silvestro was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster to replace wide receiver Tiquan Underwood one day prior to the Patriots' Super Bowl loss to the New York Giants last season.

"That was a good experience," Silvestro said. "That was something you don't forget."

He went to high school with Pittsburgh Steelers running back Isaac Redman in Paulsboro, N.J.

Silvestro has registered no NFL statistics in one career game.

Dixon is a former Pittsburgh Steelers backup who was signed earlier this season.
    [URL]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-source-ravens-met-with-tight-end-alex-silvestro-20121106,0,7759501.story[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    As I was watching, it was obvious that BL is not the QB to back up this system. His long windup makes it difficult to get off the quick pass that Ben has been doing all year. He is much more suited to the Arians system where he can begin his motion as the receiver is 5 yards downfield, and finally release it when he is 40 yards deep.
    That is why I say go with Batch over BL. He had a very nice game when Ben was suspended, and this offense is ideal for his skill-set

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we should be more concerned with the defense in this game. If Clark is out, this game could become embarassing pretty quickly. Will Allen doesn't have the range of Clark, and Mundy.... simply ugghh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously - we're a team now with only 2 QBs on the roster, both of whom have a high chance of making the I-Hop roster as a one-sided pancake on any given play.

Am I the only one wondering why we're not signing someone else who at least has been on an NFL team with "QB" as a roster position?

Or is Harrison going to be our savior again?

Signed,

El Pollo Pequeno

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Seriously - we're a team now with only 2 QBs on the roster, both of whom have a high chance of making the I-Hop roster as a one-sided pancake on any given play.

Am I the only one wondering why we're not signing someone else who at least has been on an NFL team with "QB" as a roster position?

Or is Harrison going to be our savior again?

Signed,

El Pollo Pequeno
    It's Sunday Night Football, so Hines Ward will be in town. I'm sure that they could get a bumblebee suit with a #86 on it ready in time, just in case we need to call him out of the booth to relive the good ole days as a QB at Georgia.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.