Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Officiating

Hybrid View

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Officiating

We got hosed on calls last week but got a lot of favorable calls today. KC has had some rough calls.

KC was super undisciplined and brought it all on themselves. But there were definitely some iffy ones, but still viable penalties that don't typically go our way. Can't believe we needed so many fortunate plays and calls to win this thing. We served it up on a platter for the chiefs and they still couldn't pull it off. They should fold.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    We got hosed on calls last week but got a lot of favorable calls today. KC has had some rough calls.
    No doubt.

When the regular officials were out on strike, I heard a lot of talk from the media about how bad the replacement refs were...Can anyone tell me exactly how the regular zebras are any better? Cause I sure don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    No doubt. When the regular officials were out on strike, I heard a lot of talk from the media about how bad the replacement refs were...Can anyone tell me exactly how the regular zebras are any better? Cause I sure don't see it.
    They keep the game moving faster, the calls are just as bad

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

No doubt.

When the regular officials were out on strike, I heard a lot of talk from the media about how bad the replacement refs were...Can anyone tell me exactly how the regular zebras are any better? Cause I sure don't see it.
    I kept saying that the officiating was just as bad with the real officials, but nobody listened to me. We are seeing more of the same awful calls, but as someone else said, they are made quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I kept saying that the officiating was just as bad with the real officials, but nobody listened to me. We are seeing more of the same awful calls, but as someone else said, they are made quicker.
    I agreed and have been frustrated by it for a long time. The thing about the replacement refs is that they didn't get time to hear about how horrible the Steelers are, so they threw flags evenly for stuff that shouldn't get called.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I agreed and have been frustrated by it for a long time. The thing about the replacement refs is that they didn't get time to hear about how horrible the Steelers are, so they threw flags evenly for stuff that shouldn't get called.
    I think on a call by call basis the replacements were fine.

However, I think the big legit complaint was that they consistently called significantly more penalties on the visitors than the home team. I suppose the argument is that the bad calls by the regular refs even out (home vs. away), where the bad calls by the replacements were biased against the visitors.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    To say the calls are as bad as the replacements is just ridiculous. The thing you want from referees, is consistency. With both referees, you are bound to get bad calls because as we all know, refs are blind. The BIG difference is the lack of consistency of the replacement guys. As I've said many times, it's not even really much their fault. They don't work as part of a team (because let's face it: they weren't), and so each guy made calls totally independently.

With these guys, there is a cohesion that goes along with working as a team or crew. It DEFINITELY lends itself to a better reffed game, putting aside the blown calls that happen regardless.

Legend
    No doubt.

They are better because the media and analyst cover for them when they screw up.

Their paycheck may be better!