Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Officiating

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    We got hosed on calls last week but got a lot of favorable calls today. KC has had some rough calls.
    We definitely had some ticky tack calls go our way. I was thinking the same thing. If I were a KC fan I'd be ticked off. A few of those call were really BAD.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If I were a KC fan I'd be ticked off.
    oh, the KC fans are plenty ticked off but mostly at their GM Scott Pioli...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    We definitely had some ticky tack calls go our way. I was thinking the same thing. If I were a KC fan I'd be ticked off. A few of those call were really BAD.
    The thing about "ticky-tack" calls is that they're correct by the book, but there have been instances of worse going unflagged. On Dwayne Bowe's nullified TD, Branden Albert did indeed grab the back of Will Allen's jersey, which offensive linemen are taught never to do. It was the correct call, even though other offensive linemen have gotten away with worse before. The offensive pass interference was technically correct as well since the pushoff not only helped Tony Moeaki make his cut, but also made Lawrence Timmons slip and fall. I didn't have a problem with that call regardless of Mike Tirico's opinion. (By the way, people put too much stock in the announcers' opinions. They've been wrong before.)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I kept saying that the officiating was just as bad with the real officials, but nobody listened to me. We are seeing more of the same awful calls, but as someone else said, they are made quicker.
    To say the calls are as bad as the replacements is just ridiculous. The thing you want from referees, is consistency. With both referees, you are bound to get bad calls because as we all know, refs are blind. The BIG difference is the lack of consistency of the replacement guys. As I've said many times, it's not even really much their fault. They don't work as part of a team (because let's face it: they weren't), and so each guy made calls totally independently.

With these guys, there is a cohesion that goes along with working as a team or crew. It DEFINITELY lends itself to a better reffed game, putting aside the blown calls that happen regardless.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The offensive pass interference was technically correct as well since the pushoff not only helped Tony Moeaki make his cut, but also made Lawrence Timmons slip and fall.
    If Timmons had pushed Moeaki in the same manner, it would have been a no-brainer defensive PI call...

Nonetheless, it was still a no-brainer PI call...just against the receiver...