Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The right side is esposed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Chiefs ran the ball 8 times to the right for 26 yards and up the middle 5 times for 16 yards in the second half, the Chiefs absolutely gouged them with the run game to the right and middle in the second half. Darn, I forgot, Lebeau doesn't adjust to anything, what was I thinking?

The first half was ugly and the first quarter was scary bad as the Chiefs ran to the right 12 times or 62 yards in the first half. The first quarter was 8 runs to the right for 52 yards, so that leaves the second quarter at 4 runs to the right for 10 yards. I think you're letting the first quarter skew your perception of what actually happened on the field after the first quarter.

Pappy
    I agree, the defense did a nice job of adjusting to the Chiefs run game. Not sure if people will open their eyes in regard to their perception of the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I agree, the defense did a nice job of adjusting to the Chiefs run game. Not sure if people will open their eyes in regard to their perception of the game.

Add me to that vote. The defense definitely stiffened in the 2nd half.... unlike me that went limp...(when Ben got knocked out of the game).
    For the football gurus on the board, i would be interested in your comments about the fine points of the adjustment that was made. it was still the same guys in there for the most part, so they were playing things differently. Did the Steelers bring safeties up to help because Cassell wasn't throwing downfield?
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-13-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Chiefs ran the ball 8 times to the right for 26 yards and up the middle 5 times for 16 yards in the second half, the Chiefs absolutely gouged them with the run game to the right and middle in the second half. Darn, I forgot, Lebeau doesn't adjust to anything, what was I thinking?

The first half was ugly and the first quarter was scary bad as the Chiefs ran to the right 12 times or 62 yards in the first half. The first quarter was 8 runs to the right for 52 yards, so that leaves the second quarter at 4 runs to the right for 10 yards. I think you're letting the first quarter skew your perception of what actually happened on the field after the first quarter.

Pappy
    You are right that the defense adjusted in the second half, and Ziggy Hood even had a few plays. Still, this was the second game where we've seen an opponent open by running right at Ziggy, with success. The Bengals did the same thing on their first drive. What concerns me is that I read somewhere (maybe from Kaboly?) that Ziggy didn't get double teamed once the entire game. If he can be handled by single blocking the Steelers are in for a rough week against the Ravens.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    You are right that the defense adjusted in the second half, and Ziggy Hood even had a few plays. Still, this was the second game where we've seen an opponent open by running right at Ziggy, with success. The Bengals did the same thing on their first drive. What concerns me is that I read somewhere (maybe from Kaboly?) that Ziggy didn't get double teamed once the entire game. If he can be handled by single blocking the Steelers are in for a rough week against the Ravens.
    I think it's schematic and the adjustment occurs afterward...I don't think that Ziggy suddenly goes from being dominated to playing well in the space of a quarter...

Also, I watched Ziggy split a double-team...they replayed it on MNF and Gruden pointed it out...