Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C'mon gruden

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I like Gruden's energy. But sometimes he reminds me of Dan Dierdorf. He knows what he's talking about, but goes the route of saying everyone and everything is the best ever.

And he spends too much time giving guys credit for reputation vs what they're actually doing on the field.

I did enjoy his chat with Tomlin before the game. That was a cool piece.
    Ditto. I said last night after his praise for us became too sticky sweet..."he's gonna jinx us...".
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Legend

User Info Menu

NC where you been, we miss you (and your pic of Steeler chics!)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I agree. Mayock is my favorite, but Gruden is very solid. His passion for the game does come through, which makes his commentary enjoyable.
    Mayock is another announcer that I enjoy listening to as well. Now, everyone, please don't kill me and look beyond the teams on which the next two guys played that I mention, Collinsworth and Aikman. I think both of these guys do a good job as well. Collinsworth occasionally allows a little hatred for the Steelers sneak out, but, by and large he does an excellent job (IMO) of explaining what's happening in any game.

Just my opinion, but I do look forward to games in which Mayock, Gruden, Collinsworth or Aikman are in the booth.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think collinsworth has become the best in the game.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Gruden is one of a couple that is openly critical of a bad call. He's great. I agree pappy......I like mayock, aikman, and even collinsworth. Heck....I even liked madden.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]