Thread: Big Ben Drink and Drunk

Administrator

User Info Menu

Big Ben Drink and Drunk

Did anyone see this on the ESPN scroller (where it shows "What's Next"):

Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Photoshop job or what?

Administrator

User Info Menu

That was on live TV. Aftwards, Chris Berman apologized for the image and didn't know how it happened.

I think some smart ass that has WAY to much access to that scroller did it on purpose. I'm sure the person responsible will get fired for this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shows how bush-league ESPN is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Shows how bush-league ESPN is.
    Which is probably why whoever did it will be in some trouble. Even if they were biased against the Steelers, this kind of thing looks bad on the brand.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Which is probably why whoever did it will be in some trouble. Even if they were biased against the Steelers, this kind of thing looks bad on the brand.
    Most definitely ... That's an embarrassment for ESPN.

I'm sure if Ben wanted to, he could file a lawsuit for that. I'm sure he won't but that's just a HUGE mess up on ESPN's part.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Most definitely ... That's an embarrassment for ESPN.

I'm sure if Ben wanted to, he could file a lawsuit for that. I'm sure he won't but that's just a HUGE mess up on ESPN's part.
    Is ESPN based out of Patriot territory?

Legend

User Info Menu

No, Goodell's basement.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    No, Goodell's basement.
    Same thing...

Legend

User Info Menu

In unfortunate typo, ESPN touts Ben Roethlisberger’s ‘drink and drunk’ style

By [URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/author/jay-busbee/"]Jay Busbee[/URL] | [URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/"]Shutdown Corner[/URL] – 21 hours ago

(Via Larry Brown Sports)We live in a text-and-information-heavy sports society, so it's not surprising that every now and then a typo slips through. But some missteps are more unfortunate than others, as with the mistake on ESPN's "Monday Night Countdown" involving an assessment of Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. (Graphic via[URL="http://larrybrownsports.com/blunder/ben-roethlisberger-drink-drunk/161941"] Larry Brown Sports.[/URL])
    As you can see on the ticker at right, someone gave Big Ben the description of "drink and drunk." It was, in all likelihood, a misspelling of "dink and dunk," referring to Roethlisberger's quick-hit, short-pass style.

Unfortunately, Roethlisberger also has a bit of a history with alcohol, including "excessive consumption," in the words of commissioner Roger Goodell, in an incident that led to a four-game suspension in 2010.
    Later in the evening, ESPN host Chris Berman apologized for the mistake. "Earlier in the show we had a graphic error in the rundown," he said. "We apologize for the mistake. Not sure how it happened. It won't happen again."
    Now, we won't speculate on whether this was a joke that ended up backfiring (probably) or a case of someone not proofreading their work (awfully coincidental). It is awfully easy to get words out in front of an entire country without a ton of editorial oversight (like this: Go [URL="http://www.tribeathletics.com/"]William & Mary Tribe[/URL]!), so we can see how this kind of mistake could be made. We're betting there will be a bit more ticker oversight from now on.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.