Thread: Who would you cheer for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Who would you cheer for?

Hey guys, thoughts on this.......

In a hypothetical (of course) situation.......

You are in a survival pool.....

It is Monday of week 10 and the field has whittled down from 1,250 people to 95.

Of those 95, 49 are on your favorite team on Monday night - your team loses and the field is down to 46.

7 weeks left and the pot is $100K.

So, on week 10, do you cheer for your team to win or lose?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haha...I just posted on another thread that I win $300 if the steelers lose tonight, but I won't be cheering for them to lose...I could give two craps about the $300. But having a 1 in 46 chance at a share of $100K might change things.

You simply don't openly root for it to happen obviously. But at least if they do lay an egg, it won't be as terrible for you to deal with.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Starter

User Info Menu

never allow your loyalty to be backed into a corner.

Legend

User Info Menu

My response and belief is that in watching a football game on TV from 400 miles away, I have no influence whatsoever on the outcome. I will watch as always, and whatever happens happens. The only difference is that I won't be completely bummed either way.

If I am lucky enough to survive to week 17, I am thinking that I will be on Pittsburgh over Cleveland and plan on flying in for the game - probably from my Florida vacation.

Legend

User Info Menu

$100K for me is better than a Steelers win. But a Steelers win is better for me than $100K for you

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

go dark, root for the cash and then use it to attend the next steelers superbowl appearance.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!