Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Lets not get too carried away with the Giants game

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Lets not get too carried away with the Giants game

    Before that game I felt very confident, less because of us but more because the Giants under Eli can be REALLY BAD when a game is not important.
    This is was a non-conference loss for them that still left them in 1st place.
    The higher the stakes the better that team is.

    I do think we are getting better, love the run game and oline improvement.

    But beating the Giants aint like beating most SB contenders because they are so inconsistent. It took us all of 6 quarters (2nd half of Bengal game thru Giants game) to go from "has been" to SB favorite in the eyes of many. Time will tell whether this win has real meaning.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,891
    Cinci smacked the Giants around pretty good yesterday.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Cinci smacked the Giants around pretty good yesterday.
    Yup, I didnt even pay attention to the games, waiting 4 tonight, but this is further proof of how inconsistent that team is.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,702
    Giants are HORRIBLE in November.. something like 13-20 under Coughlin.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,237
    fans shuldnt get to high with the wins or to low with the losses.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    fans shuldnt get to high with the wins or to low with the losses.
    Why not? We are fans, that's what we do. Now if you were to say, "players" I would agree.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Before that game I felt very confident, less because of us but more because the Giants under Eli can be REALLY BAD when a game is not important.
    This is was a non-conference loss for them that still left them in 1st place.
    The higher the stakes the better that team is.

    I do think we are getting better, love the run game and oline improvement.

    But beating the Giants aint like beating most SB contenders because they are so inconsistent. It took us all of 6 quarters (2nd half of Bengal game thru Giants game) to go from "has been" to SB favorite in the eyes of many. Time will tell whether this win has real meaning.
    Every win has meaning in the standings, as does every loss.

    How about you can be the guy who can tell us all when we should feel a win is a good win as opposed to one we shouldn't read too much into.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    Every win has meaning in the standings, as does every loss.

    How about you can be the guy who can tell us all when we should feel a win is a good win as opposed to one we shouldn't read too much into.
    The Giants are HORRIBLE in November and have TWO rings. Some games ARE more important than others.
    Beating the Giants was great. It is better than a loss.
    But i'd trade a sweep of Baltimore over two NFC wins, because those games are more important.

    Beating Cincy meant more than the Giants win because not only is it a division, game Cincy IS PLAYING BETTER THAN THE GIANTS RIGHT NOW. Just proved it.

    People got so excited because we beat the SB champs and look now, Cincy SMOKED even worse. It aint such a feat is it?

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    People got so excited because we beat the SB champs and look now, Cincy SMOKED even worse. It aint such a feat is it?
    Your point is taken. However, there were a lot of bad calls in our game with them that contributed to the final score. We manhandled them at the point of attack and owned them on D. If not for some blatantly bad officiating the score would likely have been much more lopsided.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Can you please change your name to "Captain Obvious?" Thank you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •