Thread: NFL dirtiest players

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL dirtiest players

Lions’ Ndamukong Suh voted NFL’s dirtiest player
    By Brian McIntyre | Shutdown Corner – 11 hours ago

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/lions-ndamukong-suh-voted-nfl-dirtiest-player-165400283--nfl.html[/url]

Ndamukong Suh would probably like a word with "Mr. X." (Getty Images)
    According to a Sporting News poll of 103 NFL players on 27 teams, Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has been voted the dirtiest player in the National Football League, receiving 31.6 percent of the total vote. The 32 votes for Suh nearly equaled the amount received by the second and third-place finishers, Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito (19) and St. Louis Rams cornerback Cortland Finnegan (14).
    "Suh. He hasn't done anything crazy (this year). The type of hits he puts on quarterbacks, the way he finishes guys—some of them are legal, but a lot of them I'd say are over the top." —NFC defensive player
    Selected with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Suh is well-known for a physical style of play that has earned him a reputation for crossing the line of what's acceptable on the football field. As a rookie, he was flagged for one roughing the quarterback penalty and a pair of unnecessary roughness fouls, one of which came when he delivered a forearm shiver to the back of Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and was fined $15,000.
    Suh delivered a hard, but legal hit on Cutler again this season.
    In 2011, Suh had one roughing the passer penalty, one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and was "disqualified" during the Lions' 27-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers last Thanksgiving after stomping on guard Evan Dietrich-Smith. That incident led to a two-game suspension, which cost Suh over $165,000 in salary. Suh has played within the rules this season, flagged for just one penalty -- an encroachment penalty in the second quarter of the Lions' 27-19 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in Week 2 -- while logging over 450 defensive and special teams snaps this season.
    Other players receiving multiple votes in the Sporting News poll were Tennessee Titans right tackle David Stewart, Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Jason Babin, and a pair of Pittsburgh Steelers, linebacker James Harrison and safety Ryan Mundy

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Other players receiving multiple votes in the Sporting News poll were Tennessee Titans right tackle David Stewart, Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Jason Babin, and a pair of Pittsburgh Steelers, linebacker James Harrison and safety Ryan Mundy
    Multiple votes, that's it? I'm disappointed, here's hoping James and Ryan increase their vote total over the next 8-12 games I also have to believe that "Mundy" is a typo and they meant "Clark", either way, I hope their vote totals increase if they redo the poll after the season.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    The 32 votes for Suh nearly equaled the amount received by the second and third-place finishers, Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito (19) and St. Louis Rams cornerback Cortland Finnegan (14).
    Hmm...I guess he wasn't as incognito as he thought he was.

[URL="http://imgur.com/zcv9E"][/URL]
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ryan Mundy? At least get the name right.

I guess hard hitting is now considered being dirty. It's Clark's game to hit hard. He needs to be smarter though as the NFL has made him a marked man now. He will end up hurting himself sooner than anyone else.

Starter

User Info Menu

In todays game Vontaze Burfict from Cinci and Brandon Spikes from the Pats. Both has reputations in college. I hated how after he knocked out the Bills RB Jackson that Spikes was flexing his bicept at the Bills.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dobbins from Houston...Dobbins was at least 4 yards away from Jay Cutler when Cutler threw a pass...Dobbins not only hit him anyway, but went for Cutler's head...