Legend

User Info Menu

Who's Everyone Watching Today?

My local 1PM games are:

Carolina/Denver
    Atlanta/NO

And my 4PM is:

Dallas/Philly

I'm not sure I could have ended up with 3 worse games.

Legend

User Info Menu

And who are we rooting for?

Oakland (eeww)
    Buffalo
    Carolina
    Chicago

Starter

User Info Menu

They're showing Bengals/Giants and Broncos/Panthers here - I've streamed Raiders/Ravens and will end up turning if off if Ravens continue to stay ahead (10-0 right now). They're showing Eagles/Cowboys here later.
    On Monday night, though, GOOOOOOO STEEEEELERSSS!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

The way Cincy is spanking NYG and Baltimore is blowing away Oak, I'm starting to wonder how good we really are?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All we have for early game here in MN is Lions at Vikings. It is a good game. Late games are Jets at Squaks and Dullas at Feebles. Hope the home teams win all thress.

It was 73 here yesterday and we have snow and about 30 today. Wish the Vikes still played outdoors. Pansies.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    My local 1PM games are:

Carolina/Denver
    Atlanta/NO

And my 4PM is:

Dallas/Philly

I'm not sure I could have ended up with 3 worse games.
    NFL Ticket = watch whatever game I feel like

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    There really isn't any game this week that's a good matchup. I did end up watching the Saints/Atl game. It was good. NO is better than people realize. Even on D.

And Atl is overrated.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    When the Steelers aren't on, I typically have on the Red Zone channel.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And my 4PM is:

Dallas/Philly
    Why do they continue to treat these two teams as if they are relevant in today's NFL. Both teams are awful and they build it up as if the winner was an automatic playoff contender. Why? Because they finally won a game against a horrible opponent? The entire NFC East gets the same treatment, and only The Giants matter because for the next three months they can still call themselves the defending champs......and they aren't even the most talked about team in their own city!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Why do they continue to treat these two teams as if they are relevant in today's NFL. Both teams are awful and they build it up as if the winner was an automatic playoff contender. Why? Because they finally won a game against a horrible opponent? The entire NFC East gets the same treatment, and only The Giants matter because for the next three months they can still call themselves the defending champs......and they aren't even the most talked about team in their own city!!
    You know, it is hard to admit it but that is true. I suppose that since the NFC East teams for many years have been always so strong it is hard to let go of old ideas.

Today was really quite a deflating day from a perception viewpoint for TS. Besides all four of those games Flippy posted losing the poor showing of the NFC East teams detracted from TS[the steelers] beating already 3 of them. Just yesterday I was sounding off about that accomplishment.

Then the stomping of the Raiders by Baltimore, even though it was totally expected did not help us in the perception department. In the Pittsburgh area that game was on CBS. The Bengals-Giants were on Fox. And always the Browns are on another CBS station but since they were off I actually did not watch either game, well maybe a snatch or two here and there.

The reason was the outcomes were no surprise at all. As much as I dislike the Ravens one thing cannot be denied. They regularly kick the living crap out of both Oakland and Denver, and for this I give them all the credit in the world. This is something that for some unexplained reason TS have a lot of trouble doing. But then on the other hand they have trouble with San Diego, a team TS seem to own. Go figure?

Anyway, I spent quite a bit of time this week on sites that deal with betting and analyzing these pro games this week. Rest assured both the Ravens and Bengals were the darlings of these alleged sharpies who do go into this stuff in depth. But I doubt they really expected such dominating wins.

So how do todays results impact tonights game, if at all. Other than from the diminished standpoint of TS recent wins probably not too much. Although now a less than convincing win just might give those Ravens some added confidence I really don't want to see them get.

I suppose a strong showing by TS tonight would be in everyones best interests. This would really make next Sunday nights showdown on NBC a highly looked forward to game.