Thread: Did the Victories backflush the Doom-N-Gloom?

Starter

User Info Menu

Did the Victories backflush the Doom-N-Gloom?

Damn,

This is by far the most action that I have had in a while at the Planet.

There was a time where you looked the threads and it was a board meltdown.

Nothing wrong in being critical of the team that you most likely spend a lot of money on.

Having said that there were only so many "........ sucks!" posts with zero substantiated facts that the quality made you not even want you to discuss.

Anyways, looks like an extermination took place and everything is roses and sunshine with the winning habit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe it's your perception that's changed.

I feel like I'm still seeing much the same. But winning shapes our interpretation of the words.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe it's your perception that's changed.

I feel like I'm still seeing much the same. But winning shapes our interpretation of the words.
    Agreed Flippy. Most of us are the same. Even Keel.

A few around here post prolifically when we lose. And those posts are of an armageddon like no other.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Agreed Flippy. Most of us are the same. Even Keel.

A few around here post prolifically when we lose. And those posts are of an armageddon like no other.
    Most of us who post consistently are the same...those "doom-n-gloom" posters just don't have anything to complain about right now, so they just aren't posting nearly as prolifically as earlier in the season...

The board is different...it isn't just perception...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Most of us who post consistently are the same...those "doom-n-gloom" posters just don't have anything to complain about right now, so they just aren't posting nearly as prolifically as earlier in the season...

The board is different...it isn't just perception...
    I think it's a little of both. The doom-n-gloom is still there. It just doesn't get as much traction while we're winning. People are still miffed about Troy, Harrison, Hampton, Foote, Lebeau, Wally, etc.

Some posters have their pet peeves that come across in a lot of discussions. But, most don't get caught up in these topics now that we're all starry eyed with visions of SuperBowls.

After a loss, the negative just seems more noticeable.

Starter

User Info Menu

that crap was unreal.. alot of "FANS" with no heart.. damn spoiled is what we are..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    that crap was unreal.. alot of "FANS" with no heart.. damn spoiled is what we are..
    Yeah, I had another Steeler fan friend who has complained after our SB wins because of the way they happened. Some people just cannot be pleased.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think it's a little of both. The doom-n-gloom is still there. It just doesn't get as much traction while we're winning. People are still miffed about Troy, Harrison, Hampton, Foote, Lebeau, Wally, etc.

Some posters have their pet peeves that come across in a lot of discussions. But, most don't get caught up in these topics now that we're all starry eyed with visions of SuperBowls.

After a loss, the negative just seems more noticeable.
    Look at page one of the board today...there is a relative dearth of negative crap compared to the day after a loss...