Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers Ta'amu apologizes for arrest

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Ta'amu released

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-release-rookie-NT-Alameda-Taamu-111212[/URL]

UPDATED NOV 13, 2012 1:34 AM ET

PITTSBURGH (AP)
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have parted ways with troubled rookie nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu and added wide receiver David Gilreath to the 53-man roster.

KEEP ROLLING
    The NFL season isn't slowing down and we have all the best images from Week 10.
    Ta'amu was chosen by the Steelers in the fourth round of the NFL draft but has yet to play in a game. He was suspended two weeks without pay last month following a run-in with police in the city's South Side neighborhood that resulted in more than a dozen charges, including multiple felonies.

Ta'amu was reinstated on Oct. 30 but remained on the inactive list. He pleaded not guilty to all charges during a court date last week and apologized for his actions while expressing hope he would remain with the team.

Gilreath spent the first nine weeks of the season on the practice squad
    I loved this draft. Now, it is looking like a bit of a disaster. Hopefully, DeCastro and Spence can come back healthy.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers re-sign Ta'amu to practice squad

Wednesday, November 14, 2012
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have re-signed rookie nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu and placed him on the practice squad.

Ta'amu was released from the 53-man roster last week when the Steelers promoted wide receiver David Gilreath from the practice squad because of the injury to wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Ta'amu, though, was not claimed on waivers by another team and eligible to re-sign with the Steelers.

Ta'amu faces a number of felony and misdemeanor charges for a confrontation with Pittsburgh police on the South Side in which he is accused of fighting with officers while drunk and trying to escape.

[URL]http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12319/1276791-66.stm#ixzz2CDfhT3nU[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Here's a second chance, Alameda...

Don't F up again...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Unless there's another thread that I haven't seen I apologize if I'm asking something that, has already been posted.

I understand the Steelers let Alamea Ta'Amu go from the team/practice squad last week. Have they re-signed him or has anyone signed him at this point ?

Also, is it correct in saying, " he was a bust " ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Unless there's another thread that I haven't seen I apologize if I'm asking something that, has already been posted.

I understand the Steelers let Alamea Ta'Amu go from the team/practice squad last week. Have they re-signed him or has anyone signed him at this point ?

Also, is it correct in saying, " he was a bust " ?
    The team needed another WR on the active roster because with Antonio Brown injured, they only had Wallace, Sanders, and Cotchery. In order to bring up David Gilreath, they had to cut Ta'Amu. However, after passing through waivers, we were able to add Ta'Amu to our practice squad (that's where he is now).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

thanks ruthless. despite the troubles he has upon his shoulders, i wonder if he will continue to be with the steelers ? i guess what i am asking, is this guy going to be the real deal for us some day ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    thanks ruthless. despite the troubles he has upon his shoulders, i wonder if he will continue to be with the steelers ? i guess what i am asking, is this guy going to be the real deal for us some day ?
    I'd imagine so, just not this year (unless there is an injury of course). Hampton's contract is up after this season, and with our cap issues, it will be tough to keep him around, so I could see McLendon and Ta'Amu splitting time next year (perhaps the more athletic McLendon on passing downs and the more stout Ta'Amu on running downs).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was a waste to use a roster spot on him since LeBeau won't play him as a rookie anyway. They might as well have just kept him on the practice squad for the season.