Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classic let down game?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Yeah, that Giants win doesn't look so "signature" after today does it?
    Considering the adversity cough *BS calls* cough the Steelers overcame, it was a solid win.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel View Post
    Considering the adversity cough *BS calls* cough the Steelers overcame, it was a solid win.
    Agreed. But the way the Bengals laid the wood to them puts in more in the "solid" column than "signature."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This team plays down to the level of competition. I think we'll win but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's because of Ben's heroics at the end. Who was the last team that we were supposed to stomp that we actually stomped?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    This team plays down to the level of competition. I think we'll win but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's because of Ben's heroics at the end. Who was the last team that we were supposed to stomp that we actually stomped?
    Unfortunately, I've been thinking the same thing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, I would say this did qualify for a let down game, even though they won; barely beating a 1-7 team, at home, on a Monday Night, does indeed qualify for them being considered unfocused for this one. I think my hunch was fairly good on this.