Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone EVER heard of....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Has anyone EVER heard of....

...a calf injuring taking over a year to heal? I haven't. If it's torn, they'd do surgery, but since there isn't any surgery going on, what the frick is the deal with Polamalu? Seriously, I just don't get it, and on NFLN they were saying that the team was being so secretive about it, and why won't any media source ask why this injury isn't allowed to be discussed (Typical Steeler BS of thinking they are being tricky, looking like fools all the while.)

Legend

User Info Menu

I think 4-6 weeks would be the norm. Maybe longer if there's some sort of slight tear or if you can't walk on it.

Whatever it was, he probably tried to come back too early, re-injured, and had to start over with the healing.

They also may not be disclosing something worse. Does the calf tie into some ligaments around the knee or achilles? Maybe there's something else going on too and they're only saying calf.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My personal opinion is these guys diets suck , they get away with a lot of stuff when they're 25, but when they get in their 30s their bodies are under nourished and don't heal as fast. Especially with the amount of stress they put on themselves.

I once heard Troy say that sometimes when he gets injured, he and his wife sit around and watch movies and eat junk food to clear his mind. These guys make millions....snicker bars and soda pop aren't good for you!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    My personal opinion is these guys diets suck , they get away with a lot of stuff when they're 25, but when they get in their 30s their bodies are under nourished and don't heal as fast. Especially with the amount of stress they put on themselves.

I once heard Troy say that sometimes when he gets injured, he and his wife sit around and watch movies and eat junk food to clear his mind. These guys make millions....snicker bars and soda pop aren't good for you!
    I hate giving Ray Lewis any credit whatsoever, but I saw his refrigerator on MTV Cribs one time and there was literally nothing bad for you. It was all fruits/veggies/healthy food. I've never seen anything so extreme. And I think he mentioned how stringent he was about everything he put in his body.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I remember when Bettis pulled his calf and missed a few weeks one season. But wasn't it the same calf that had him hobbling last season? And he was FLYING AROUND every where in preseason, and then the same calf again? I am greatly encouraged that this D is the # ONE D IN THE NFL without Troy at this point. It is amazing that they re-learned how to play good D without him, finally. That is so encouraging. Hopefully, if he ever comes back this season, and gets in game shape, he will be like icing on the cake for a play off run. But if he tries to come back and gets hurt again, I fear it's going to be another depressing let down and the team will have to figure out how to excel without him again, and I hope there is no learning curve if that happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is that the year he took the pain shot before the playoff game and it hit his nerve?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is it Allen that has now stepped in for Troy ? Maybe it's the team or my lack of football knowledge but, Allen seems to be okay at the position and maybe he's our future at that position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Allen is playing well, So there is no rush to get Troy back.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post

That would be surprising, cause I've always assumed Polamalu to be a guy who took care of his body. I will agree with you, with others who I have seen treat their bodies like they were 25. As to why Poalamalu is a walking china-doll, I think it's just him. I remember another year, he basically shut it down the rest of the way. He's great, don't get me wrong. But he's not exactly a fast healer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Is it Allen that has now stepped in for Troy ? Maybe it's the team or my lack of football knowledge but, Allen seems to be okay at the position and maybe he's our future at that position.
    This is Allen's 9th year in the league. He's playing good ball but getting a little old to be considered our future at S.