Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers to promote WR David Gilreath in wake of Antonio Brown injury

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Van Dyke may have fallen out of favor with his ST blunders.

Beachum might be a possibility with Malecki still sitting on the PS.

Can't see it being Golden while Troy still ails. He might be one injury away.

Ta'amu would have been gone already if he was going I would think - but same line of reasoning would have followed Saunders too.

Batch is a possibility, they have done it before on a one week basis.
    I'm betting Batch. He is the safest in that no one is going to try to sign him. All the others are a risk for someone putting a bid in for.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm betting Batch. He is the safest in that no one is going to try to sign him. All the others are a risk for someone putting a bid in for.
    I would agree.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OK, so much for the injury not being serious, which is what the team tried to claim after AB said it was a high ankle sprain, which doesn't heal for months. I am so sick of this team dealing in lies re: their injuries. Does that really help win games in any way? I highly doubt it. They constantly try to be tricky and dishonest re: injuries. It's just stupid and makes them look childish.

Starter

User Info Menu

Tomlin's style always reminds me of Belicheck. He will give up zero to the media to prevent you from getting an edge.

Cowher would let emotion take over and give you a tidbit or two in his Tuesday Press conference.

I stop tuning in for Tomlins Press conference because he gave away nothing on the inside. Still love hisTomlinisms.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, so much for the injury not being serious, which is what the team tried to claim after AB said it was a high ankle sprain, which doesn't heal for months. I am so sick of this team dealing in lies re: their injuries. Does that really help win games in any way? I highly doubt it. They constantly try to be tricky and dishonest re: injuries. It's just stupid and makes them look childish.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Why do you care? Do you really think assessing and injury and calculating the healing time is a precise science? Every player is different and respond to therapy and treatment differently. Perfect example is Rainey's "rib injury" player get those all the time and come off the field with no issues. Rainey looked like he took a .45 round to the chest.

If I was the coach I wouldn't give detailed information either. Keep it general and at a high level. Meet the league's minimum requirements.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Transactions

11/07/2012 Added WR Derek Moye to the Practice Squad; Released TE Jamie McCoy from the Practice Squad
    Moye’s childhood dream comes true

Posted by Teresa Varley on November 7, 2012

Derek Moye grew up a Steelers fan living outside of Pittsburgh in Rochester, Pa., and now the rookie wide receiver’s childhood dream has come true after he was signed to the team’s practice squad.

“Being from the area and having a chance to come out here and be with the Steelers is a lifelong dream of mine,” said Moye. “Just like everyone around here I was a huge Steelers fan. It’s a lifelong dream to be a part of the team.”

Moye, who played at Penn State, was added after Antonio Brown suffered a mild ankle sprain against the New York Giants.

“I guess they just needed someone to help out on the practice squad and I am fortunate to be here,” said Moye. “They said work hard and whatever happens, happens. That is what I plan on doing, working hard and trying to show what I can do.”

Moye originally signed with the Miami Dolphins as a rookie free agent in May, but was waived and picked up by the New Orleans Saints. He was released by the Saints during training camp, and is now working toward staying put with the hometown team.

“That is what I plan on trying to do,” said the 6-5, 210 pound Moye. “Hopefully they like what I can do and I can go from there. They just said come in and prove what I can do and show I can play.”

[URL]http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/07/moyes-childhood-dream-comes-true/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha