Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polamalu brightens injury report, could return against Ravens

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

When Troy comes back, he will be fat and slow and the D will actually be worse with him in there. I am not excited to have him back; I will actually be depressed, as I know in his out-of-shape form, he will be a hindrance, and by the time he is getting back into playing shape, he is going to get hurt again, like always. I say don't even bring him back; we are the # ONE D in the NFL WITHOUT HIM. Why risk it?

1.) Fat and slow when he comes back
    2.) Injured when he gets speed back.

No thanks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If they aren't going to actually play DeCastro I would put him on season ending IR. No use wasting a roster spot on someone who isn't 100% healthy and won't be playing.

I know Gilbert has become this year's favorite "bashing boy" but he is the same person who started 13 games for us last year, did a solid job and was our Rookie of the Year. I would never discount him as part of the OL equation. Get him through this rough spot he is going through by coaching him up and he will be a future asset.
    I agree, if DeCastro isn't a part of the mix then, it's IR time. The thing about that is, I don't believe DeCastro gets any team time, no practice meetings, no anything with the team and doesn't even get to go to the games and be with the team. Probably using all this time for him to get familiar with everything despite being not able to play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I agree, if DeCastro isn't a part of the mix then, it's IR time. The thing about that is, I don't believe DeCastro gets any team time, no practice meetings, no anything with the team and doesn't even get to go to the games and be with the team. Probably using all this time for him to get familiar with everything despite being not able to play.
    You DON'T think he gets team time or you do? I've read on a few occasions he's doing EVERYTHING he would be doing if he were playing and that's straight from Kugler's mouth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    When Troy comes back, he will be fat and slow and the D will actually be worse with him in there. I am not excited to have him back; I will actually be depressed, as I know in his out-of-shape form, he will be a hindrance, and by the time he is getting back into playing shape, he is going to get hurt again, like always. I say don't even bring him back; we are the # ONE D in the NFL WITHOUT HIM. Why risk it?

1.) Fat and slow when he comes back
    2.) Injured when he gets speed back.

No thanks
    I imagine he will look something like this

[URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]