Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Mid-Way Thoughts @ 5-3 (Long)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Offense needs to put teams away. Defense needs better play from the defensive line. McLendon is superior to Hampton. Hood's play is very disappointing this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. To say the offense is more responsible for the Oakland and Tennessee loss is ridiculous. The defense failed in both of those games. Fortunately, they seem to be finding their footing.
    The Tennessee defense has allowed 30+ points in all but two games. They're terrible and our offense should have had their way with them

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    The Tennessee defense has allowed 30+ points in all but two games. They're terrible and our offense should have had their way with them
    And like Oakland the defense could had given up 35 points. The Oakland and Tenn. games were lost by the defense. No amount of revisionist history, woulda, coulda and shoulda can change that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3 turnovers in those two games plus a blocked punt. Defense shoulda held on that 1 yard td drive against Tennessee. The offense gave Tennessee the ball twice inside the twenty. You're delusional ovi

Starter

User Info Menu

Nice work LB,

I do not have as a hard stance about the injuries. Even with FA and salary cap the Steelers still have to be solid 2 and 3 deep this day and age. So I come now to accept that our RB's rotate as they take pit stops for a week her and there.

I love love love the balance on the Offense. Haley's style is "if you stop me here I will just go there". Look at the distribution for receivers. Look at the 3 headed monster at RB helped by an aggressive Oline.

I am still buzzin about the Giants V and havent come down.