Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger Getting Major Attention

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger Getting Major Attention

Sports radio today arguing on whether Ben is in running for league MVP. Some saying toss-up between him and Peyton. Some arguing fantasy leagues will never give Ben his due, all he does is win games but he will never dominate the stats charts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Obviously they are homers who don't understand the true value of actual stats, that the actual game outcomes pale in significance to FF. Give me Luck or Rivers any day!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sports radio today arguing on whether Ben is in running for league MVP. Some saying toss-up between him and Peyton. Some arguing fantasy leagues will never give Ben his due, all he does is win games but he will never dominate the stats charts.
    Fantasy football has ruined the ability of the media and average fans to assess the contributions of players. That is why Ben will never get his due. The Fantasy world creates too many opportunities for the media to be lazy and just focus on looking at a stats page each week versus actually watching multiple games and developing any kind of insights.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been on the Ben for MVP bandwagon since the very beginning of this season, although I'm a homer.

3rd down is the money down for QBs. No one comes close to Ben. Haley's helped. Haley's keeping him alive to be spectacular on 3rd downs. Ben and Haley are like PB and Jelly.

Ben is having more spectacular plays this year. He's making plays no other QB could make. He's winning games now. That's the only thing that's been holding him back.

It's gonna take a 13-3 or 12-4 finish for Ben legitimately to be in the discussion.

But who cares. Let's ride this horse to the SuperBowl!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard on radio last week - before the Giants game - someone talking about Ben for MVP. I can't remember if it was local Toronto, satellite, or a guest analyst, but the point was that he would already be mentioned if not for the 3 losses, and his name will surface with a win over the Giants.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't give a $h!t about the League MVP!!!

I don't think Ben gives a $h!t either...

All that matter are RINGS, and if Ben gets SB MVP along with another RING, so-be-it!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mike & Mike talking about it this AM about "maybe not noticing the Steelers since slow start and early bye" and just how good Ben is.

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    Mike & Mike talking about it this AM about "maybe not noticing the Steelers since slow start and early bye" and just how good Ben is.

Kindle
    On ESPN yesterday afternoon on "Coach and Company" one of the two hosts said he would take Ben over any QB in the league late in a game. Both said Ben is the most underrated QB in the NFL and correctly placed the blame on Fantasy Football and how it has distorted how people see the NFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Rodgers, Brees, Brady... these guys sling the rock 50+ times a game and are trying to score TD's when they are already up by 30. This is the reason Ben doesn't get his due. We aren't that type of team. We don't try to humiliate opponents when the game is already won.

When you have ESPN and NFL showing these other QB's scoring 5 TD's and Ben has a 13 to 9 victory over the Chiefs it distorts fans perception of who is the best QB in the league.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rogers brees and Brady also have terrible defenses and no run game at all. They have to score a ton of points bc they can't stop anyone and they can't control the clock.