Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Forget to Vote for Gary Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't Forget to Vote for Gary Johnson

Everyone I tell I'm voting for GJ tells me I'm an idiot. They say I'm wasting my vote. So I ask them why they are voting for Obama or Romney? And I keep asking why to any answer they give. And every time, it comes down to they feel they're choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

If you pick the lesser of 2 evils, you still end up with evil.

So while I may be wasting my vote, I can say I'll be voting for a guy that represents my thinking on most issues. I can't say that for any of the other candidates. And I haven't found anyone that's planning to vote for a candidate that they agree with on most issues.

I honestly have a hard time understanding how Obama or Romney can get anyone's vote. It's like answering the question do I want my eyeballs or my other balls removed? Seems like everyone should be answering neither.

Listening to people answer the question why are you voting for candidate X is like free comedy. But it's comedy in the Shakespearian sense where it's really a tragedy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Stick to your guns Flip. Vote for the person you agree most with. Those who pull the 'wasting your vote' line are just wasting their lives by continuing to support the fraud that is the 2 party system.

Legend

User Info Menu

Save your vote, it won't matter. Redskins lost their last home game before the election*. It's over.

[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57544564/will-redskins-game-determine-presidential-winner/[/url]

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I filled in the little dot next to GJ this morning.

I just heard on the radio that I live in a state where my vote counts. Hopefully I can get GJ over the hump today.

The way I see it GJ or MR will likely send Rooney back to Pittsburgh. Just in time for Lombardi #7 fellars!!!!! Let's go. Rooney the Vote.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Liberty. Done.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know if GJ gets enough of the vote he can actually participate in the next debates. That isn't a wasted vote.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I know if GJ gets enough of the vote he can actually participate in the next debates. That isn't a wasted vote.
    Any idea how much vote he needs?

Will 2 of us be enough?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I believe 5% of the total vote for Johnson allows the Libertarian candidate in 2016 equal access to be on all ballots and receive campaign funding. That's the first step.

it appears Libertarians and 3rd party candidates in general are heavily favored in younger voters. As the older population moves on and current younger voters become the core, we should hopefully see a major shift in politics in the next 20 years, assuming the country doesn't collapse before then.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I believe 5% of the total vote for Johnson allows the Libertarian candidate in 2016 equal access to be on all ballots and receive campaign funding. That's the first step.

it appears Libertarians and 3rd party candidates in general are heavily favored in younger voters. As the older population moves on and current younger voters become the core, we should hopefully see a major shift in politics in the next 20 years, assuming the country doesn't collapse before then.
    GJ would have veto'd the collapse if given the chance

Legend

User Info Menu

Can I just say that, as an observer from afar, to hear Flippy's point of view is refreshing.

Today, people just don't take politics seriously enough. Most people are content to vote 'as they always have', or 'as my parents did' without ever thinking through what it is you are actually voting for.

This situation isn't specific to the USA. Here in Oz, I hear so many people say " I'm voting for Labour/Liberal because my dad was a staunch Labour/Liberal supporter, blah freakin blah." That scares me. That indicates that no thought is put towards what direction our countries should move in. None. It just becomes a chore we'd rather do without.

Thing is- voting for who rules our societies laws is one of the most important things we can do. Every decision these guys/girls make will impact us. Every. Single. One.

The same people that choose to not vote (not a problem here in Oz- compulsory), or simply vote for whatever party because that's what they've always done, are the same people that whinge & moan when governments stuff up.

Fact is- it's our own fault our governments stuff up, because we've stopped caring, as a whole, what these politicians do.

So if you have a guy that you believe in.. and not because your dad believed in him, but because YOU believe in him, then damn well vote for him. Because that is the way we can get governments that do the right thing for it's people.

Rant over.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S