Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Don't Forget to Vote for Gary Johnson

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Stick to your guns Flip. Vote for the person you agree most with. Those who pull the 'wasting your vote' line are just wasting their lives by continuing to support the fraud that is the 2 party system.
    Nicely said. Couldn't agree more.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Can I just say that, as an observer from afar, to hear Flippy's point of view is refreshing.

    Today, people just don't take politics seriously enough. Most people are content to vote 'as they always have', or 'as my parents did' without ever thinking through what it is you are actually voting for.

    This situation isn't specific to the USA. Here in Oz, I hear so many people say " I'm voting for Labour/Liberal because my dad was a staunch Labour/Liberal supporter, blah freakin blah." That scares me. That indicates that no thought is put towards what direction our countries should move in. None. It just becomes a chore we'd rather do without.

    Thing is- voting for who rules our societies laws is one of the most important things we can do. Every decision these guys/girls make will impact us. Every. Single. One.

    The same people that choose to not vote (not a problem here in Oz- compulsory), or simply vote for whatever party because that's what they've always done, are the same people that whinge & moan when governments stuff up.

    Fact is- it's our own fault our governments stuff up, because we've stopped caring, as a whole, what these politicians do.

    So if you have a guy that you believe in.. and not because your dad believed in him, but because YOU believe in him, then damn well vote for him. Because that is the way we can get governments that do the right thing for it's people.

    Rant over.
    I was listening to the radio a few days ago and the host was telling young voters that Romney took a position that Obama had and then would ask the voter what they thought. They all would go to great lengths to criticize the idea. Then after going through 3 or 4 ideas, he would let them know it was actually Obama that said what they were criticizing. It was funny listening to people backpedal.

    To your point, it really does seem that a lot of people just endorse someone without any thought whatsoever. It seems a lot of people choose style over substance. I guess you can't blame us - $2B worth of marketing has an impact. We're suckers for good marketing

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,664
    I voted for Johnson. If he gets 5% he gets equal debate and about 9 million for 2016. If he woulda got to 25% it would of been 90 million. Regardless, he won't be able to compete with the 1.6 billion arse #1 and arse #2 blew
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,664
    I would have wrote in Ron Paul, but I don't think they count write ins here unless it impacts the outcome
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I voted for Johnson. If he gets 5% he gets equal debate and about 9 million for 2016. If he woulda got to 25% it would of been 90 million. Regardless, he won't be able to compete with the 1.6 billion arse #1 and arse #2 blew
    GJ got 1% of the nation, but it looks like he got a bigger % of this board.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,664
    Is that all he got? I thought he'd get at least 5%
    im very jaded by American politics
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    GJ got 1% of the nation
    So they tell us...

    I hate to be so cynical, but I have very little faith in the integrity of the voting system...almost as little faith as I have in the accuracy of media reporting.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Is that all he got? I thought he'd get at least 5%
    im very jaded by American politics
    He got 1.1M+ votes or 1%. It was the most ever for a Libertarian. And he's running again in 2016. Maybe he can keep it growing.

    Something's gotta give. We may have witnessed the end of the R party in this election. Somehow they have to break away from the religious right trying to control social decisions of the party. I dont see how the Rs can be relevant to women/minorities/youth.

    Given the current state of affairs, I wonder if any 3rd party can be successful without bending and becoming corrupt like the Ds and Rs? No one can be principled any longer. They've got to cater to voting blocks. And in general the American public has been dumbed down by sound bytes and marketing slogans.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,524
    <----Smythe and his wife voted for Gary!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    <----Smythe and his wife voted for Gary!!
    Gary got 1% of the US, 90% of the Steeler Nation.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •