Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't Forget to Vote for Gary Johnson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Gary got 1% of the US, 90% of the Steeler Nation.
    Steeler Nation is AWAKE!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Everyone I tell I'm voting for GJ tells me I'm an idiot. They say I'm wasting my vote. So I ask them why they are voting for Obama or Romney? And I keep asking why to any answer they give. And every time, it comes down to they feel they're choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

If you pick the lesser of 2 evils, you still end up with evil.

So while I may be wasting my vote, I can say I'll be voting for a guy that represents my thinking on most issues. I can't say that for any of the other candidates. And I haven't found anyone that's planning to vote for a candidate that they agree with on most issues.

I honestly have a hard time understanding how Obama or Romney can get anyone's vote. It's like answering the question do I want my eyeballs or my other balls removed? Seems like everyone should be answering neither.

Listening to people answer the question why are you voting for candidate X is like free comedy. But it's comedy in the Shakespearian sense where it's really a tragedy.
    I got the same thing, why are you wasting your time Pappy? My response was the following. If you go to a restaurant and and can't find anything to eat, do you stay? Of course not, you go to another restaurant, it may not be popular, but it has what you want. Barack O'Romney (the Irish candidates) were 6 of one and half dozen of the other, in other words, no difference. I opted for my unpopular restaurant and voted for what I wanted, what would best serve my family and our goals. So, Gary Johnson got my vote and I'm happy to have cast the ballot for him.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I got the same thing, why are you wasting your time Pappy? My response was the following. If you go to a restaurant and and can't find anything to eat, do you stay? Of course not, you go to another restaurant, it may not be popular, but it has what you want. Barack O'Romney (the Irish candidates) were 6 of one and half dozen of the other, in other words, no difference. I opted for my unpopular restaurant and voted for what I wanted, what would best serve my family and our goals. So, Gary Johnson got my vote and I'm happy to have cast the ballot for him.

Pappy
    The more I hear from you guys, the more normal I feel.

I just heard that there were 10M fewer voters this election vs the last. I suspect that's because those 10M didn't have anyone to vote for. If they knew about GJ, I bet they would have voted for him and that would have meant 10%. And he would have been taken seriously in 2016.

Heck 2016 might have been a cakewalk vs Biden/Clinton/Christie/Rubio or pick whatever other goof you can think of from the Ds or Rs.

Legend

User Info Menu

The more I hear from you guys, the more normal I feel.

I just heard that there were 10M fewer voters this election vs the last. I suspect that's because those 10M didn't have anyone to vote for. If they knew about GJ, I bet they would have voted for him and that would have meant 10%. And he would have been taken seriously in 2016.

Heck 2016 might have been a cakewalk vs Biden/Clinton/Christie/Rubio or pick whatever other goof you can think of from the Ds or Rs.
    Flip, unfortunately, the Dems and Reps get to make the rules as to what exposure third party candidates can get via debates and advertisement. A third party candidate won't be viable until somehow the stranglehold on the ridiculous two-party system can be broken. The Dems and Reps are in this together at the citizens expense and they don't want to have to monitor a third or even fourth party to maintain their power and control. Adding rogue politicians that are beholden to the status quo is the last thing these two jokes of a party want.

There really needs to be a revolution, unfortunately, and unlike the 1770s the government has greater weapons, they exist amongst us (not separated by the Atlantic ocean) and a revolution would have no foreign support (like France did for the colonists). So, this is the hand we are dealt. How do we change it?

Maybe a slightly below average (in size) city, elects Libertarians, Conservatives, Green Party candidates and begin govern that city based on those principals and actually follow the constitution rather than to view it as a living breathing document like the Dems and Reps believe. Maybe, that city after some success tries to secede from the USA and see how that goes over. I don't have an answer, but I know the answer doesn't reside in the cesspool known as Washington DC.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You can't stop an idea who's time has come. People are waking up and are realizing that we are losing our freedoms. Guys like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson have started the paradigm shift.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    You can't stop an idea who's time has come. People are waking up and are realizing that we are losing our freedoms. Guys like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson have started the paradigm shift.
    Unfortunately people go back to their party lines when the rubber meets the road......... just like an old boyfriend that slaps a girl around only to leave and end back up in his bed again.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!