Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Fast!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Fast!!

Just heard Eric Davis on the NFL network say, "a couple years back the Eagles had a guy named Mike Quick, this guy right here (referring the Wallace), is Mike Fast".

I know a lot of Steeler fans are down on Wallace and are counting the days when he no longer wears a Steeler uniform but this guy is a game breaker. He is the one guy on this entire team who can take it to the house each and every time he touches the ball. He has another gear that not many else in the NFL has. And I sure wish the Steelers would get the ball into his hands more. That 3 yard slant he took to the house was a thing of beauty.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, for any team that forgot- now they know that they MUST account for MW at all times. Not just deep routes. That, along with AB's injury, will hopefully slow the roll of those who wanted to get Mike out of town.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard on Mike and Mike this morning. I think it was Chris Carter who said Wallace has the best "functional speed" in the NFL. I hope he gets smart and decides to stay with the Steelers.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Heard on Mike and Mike this morning. I think it was Chris Carter who said Wallace has the best "functional speed" in the NFL. I hope he gets smart and decides to stay with the Steelers.
    Same we need to keep him. He and Lewis and I think it's possible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Same we need to keep him. He and Lewis and I think it's possible.
    Me too. Then I can change my signature again.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

How bout "Speedy Gonz Wallace"?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How bout "Speedy Gonz Wallace"?
    I like it!

Arriba Arriba, Andale Andale...
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 11-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we end up keeping him, but I think at the same time, the front office will be cautious because he's had a case of the drops. Whether it be from lack of concentration or just not being prepared, it's something that he'll have to fix. Especially because when a guy who is fast loses a step (either by injury or age), they rarely have anything to fall back on. Mike really doesn't have a lot going for him other than his speed. But [EMAIL="D@MN"]D@MN[/EMAIL] does he have that going for him!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think there is anyone who wants MW to leave or doesn't appreciate his speed. In fact we all love it! It's a matter of how much that speed will cost the team. Is it $5M a year speed, $8M a year speed, or 10M a year speed and for how many years? Legitimate questions. His speed is elite but overall; I don't think he is worth a double-digit in millions yearly salary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That is an important distinction that goes beyond 40 times in the underwear olympics. Some guys can sprint, but it doesn't mean they have that "functional" game speed. That loosens up a D and allows the run game to flourish and other receivers to get open.