Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're Not The Only Ones Who Recognized The Questionable Officiating...

Rookie

User Info Menu

We're Not The Only Ones Who Recognized The Questionable Officiating...

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-giants-no-excuses-for-ugly-defeat-to-pittsburgh-steelers-110412[/URL]

And had New York not been the beneficiaries of a few big calls, it may not have found the end zone at all.
    In addition to the sheer number of penalties the Giants had go in their favor, it was also hard to overlook the significance of close calls that went New York’s way. The first break came with 10:41 left in the second quarter, when the refs flagged Lewis for the first of his pass interference calls on what looked like a clean play, giving the Giants the ball at the Steelers 16-yard line.
    Six plays later, with New York facing third-and-goal from the Pittsburgh 2, Manning threw an incomplete pass intended for [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/nfl/player/victor-cruz/770384"]Victor Cruz[/URL], who was targeted 11 times but had just five receptions. But a personal foul penalty on Pittsburgh safety [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/nfl/player/ryan-clark/105951"]Ryan Clark[/URL] for an apparently clean hit on Cruz gave New York first-and-goal from the 1 and set up a Brown touchdown run on the next snap.
    Props to the Steelers for overcoming the "Sandy sympathy" from the refs as well as the additional adversity of playing the Champs in their house on a day when the Steelers had to travel...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A signature Steeler win, and maybe a springboard to the remainder of this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Us against the world! They need to rally and realize they will get no breaks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

These Refs are terrible. I cant wait for the real Refs to come back. Oh wait...........

Legend

User Info Menu

“It was clean, it just caught me by surprise and knocked the wind out of me,” Cruz said. (from the NY Post)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    [URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-giants-no-excuses-for-ugly-defeat-to-pittsburgh-steelers-110412[/URL]

Props to the Steelers for overcoming the "Sandy sympathy" from the refs as well as the additional adversity of playing the Champs in their house on a day when the Steelers had to travel...
    That's the way I saw it too- Sandy Sympathy for the G-men. Not some overarching anti-Steeler bias.

Legend

User Info Menu

The first half I thought I was watching The Mean Machine play against the Prison Guards with the part of Warden Hazen being played by R. Goodell...

Legend

User Info Menu

Add in the spearing call when Wallace was down and the refs picked up the flag..
    It looked ugly live at the game.
    Havn't seen a replay yet.
    Good or bad call picking up the flag/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The first half I thought I was watching The Mean Machine play against the Prison Guards with the part of Warden Hazen being played by R. Goodell...
    that's funny...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Think it was Eric Davis on NFL network today
    He said that Clarks flag was one of the worst calls he has ever seen in the NFL.