Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mike Fast!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think the drops are because he is being asked to run more short to intermediate routes where the ball is actually getting to him to be counted as a drop. A lot of the long bombs he would miss in previous years never touched his hands so they couldn't be marked down as a drop.
    Agreed. his routes are now shortened. his YPA are way down. he has to catch in traffic and that is not Wallace's strong suit. Wallace can be tackled with a fingernail.... as long as the defender can get a figurenail on him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers get the ball into Mike's hands a lot...

He just doesn't always hold onto the ball once it gets to his hands...

Seriously, that 51 yard catch-and-run was the game changer...he is extra fast, without a doubt...
    No doubt. The only problem I have is that MW is an ACL or MCL away from never being the same receiver again. His only game is speed, without it, he isn't even a starter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    not to split hairs dub, but brown also has two kick returns for TD's. One punt and one KO.
    Yes I know but we are talking about what these guys do as receivers. And 33 games played with only 3 TD's is really not that good at all. For all the things Brown can do as a receiver he for some reason just can't find the end zone. What will Brown look like next year with Wallace gone if he only catches 3 TD's?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes I know but we are talking about what these guys do as receivers. And 33 games played with only 3 TD's is really not that good at all. For all the things Brown can do as a receiver he for some reason just can't find the end zone. What will Brown look like next year with Wallace gone if he only catches 3 TD's?
    oh, I agree completely. That's why I have to chuckle when people say brown is the better WR.

I don't buy that for one second.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Serious question Dub (or anyone) - why do you think that is? He is super talented, why isn't he catching more in the end zone? Is there a reason Ben isn't looking for him? On the surface there does not appear to be a valid reason he is not scoring 6 on a regular basis.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Serious question Dub (or anyone) - why do you think that is? He is super talented, why isn't he catching more in the end zone? Is there a reason Ben isn't looking for him? On the surface there does not appear to be a valid reason he is not scoring 6 on a regular basis.
    I dont think I can put my finger on it. Maybe it's several things. In the open field he isnt going to break many tackles. Inside the 20 (redzone), he's going to see a lot more press. Especially when the Steelers are inside the 10. And when the Steelers do get inside the 10 many times Heath is the primary (use to be Hines), and they run the ball a lot down there. Brown is quick and does have good speed but he doesnt have that gear that Wallace has. And that gear has a lot to do with why Wallace gets as many TD's as he does.

Personally, I dig the dude and I am glad he is on the Steelers. And he does move the chains. One thing I know for sure, he sees a lot more single coverage and rarely has a safety playing him over the top like Wallace. But underneath and off those bubble screens he is as good as it gets.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash