Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Haley be the sole reason ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Could Haley be the sole reason ?

That our once below average Ol all is sudden look like Pro Bowlers the last four games.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And yes even Foster and Colon now look good.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't players say after Arians left that they only had like 4 different running plays and that there was never any emphasis on practicing them (or something like that)?

This is exactly what Rooney was talking about when talking about our run game woes under Arians. He wasn't saying that we needed to morph back into a Franco-centric or Bettis-centric offensive of the past...we can still be a modern NFL passing offensive with Ben at the helm, multiple receiving threats at WR, utilizing the TE's in the passing game as more than just blockers, throw the ball to your RB's, and still be able to run the ball with authority when you need to. It's been on display over the last 3 weeks.

I don't want this to seem like a bitter anti-Arians rant...what he's doing in Indy as a head coach thrown into the fire without warning is nothing short of remarkable (the team who finished with the worst record in football last year would make the playoffs if the season ended today)...it's more of a look at how Haley has improved our offense overall.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, after some growing pains, we have had a 100-yard rusher in the last three games. Meanwhile, Ben is having a great year and we seem to be utilizing all of our receiving targets, including Heath.

It seems obvious that Haley and LeBeau are better coordinators than head guys. Maybe BA is better suited to be a head coach?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Didn't players say after Arians left that they only had like 4 different running plays and that there was never any emphasis on practicing them (or something like that)?

This is exactly what Rooney was talking about when talking about our run game woes under Arians. He wasn't saying that we needed to morph back into a Franco-centric or Bettis-centric offensive of the past...we can still be a modern NFL passing offensive with Ben at the helm, multiple receiving threats at WR, utilizing the TE's in the passing game as more than just blockers, throw the ball to your RB's, and still be able to run the ball with authority when you need to. It's been on display over the last 3 weeks.

I don't want this to seem like a bitter anti-Arians rant...what he's doing in Indy as a head coach thrown into the fire without warning is nothing short of remarkable (the team who finished with the worst record in football last year would make the playoffs if the season ended today)...it's more of a look at how Haley has improved our offense overall.
    Totally agree. It Haley knowing what our strengths and weaknesses are and designing plays that compensate for the weaknesses. Arians never did that. he had the play and he expected players to execute no matter whther they could or not. Haley is making our OL much beeter by not requiring them to hold their blocks as long as they had to with Arians' vertically focused attack. Plus Arians is making everyone better on the team with his calls. Lots of innovation and variety.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Well, after some growing pains, we have had a 100-yard rusher in the last three games. Meanwhile, Ben is having a great year and we seem to be utilizing all of our receiving targets, including Heath.

It seems obvious that Haley and LeBeau are better coordinators than head guys. Maybe BA is better suited to be a head coach?
    If we had two top notch TEs like New England this offense would be unstoppable.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Haley's offense has a lot to do with it, however I also feel as if some of these guys like Foster are starting to come into their own. Also, Max Starks has been playing is best football this year.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If we had two top notch TEs like New England this offense would be unstoppable.
    Of course. But we have better WR's than they do and probably better RB's too. You can't have it all.

Legend

User Info Menu

No... our interior OL is much better. Kemo was awful in pass protection and only showed promise when pulling.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Haley has done what he's always done. He designed a system to best take advantage of the talent that he has. The other thing that really impresses me is the way he keeps teams off balance. Against the Giants, we barely saw any WR screens after seeing bunches of them previously.