Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Could Haley be the sole reason ?

Legend

User Info Menu

The nonstop arguing on all Steelers boards about BA's scheme and maximizing for the talent here is proven out. All Haley does is look at the amazing level of talent we have, then size up the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent, and builds a ball control offense for that game. Rocket science, huh? I said on this board many times that ANY OC would die to have the talent we have.

BA was the problem.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I think Haley's offense has a lot to do with it, however I also feel as if some of these guys like Foster are starting to come into their own. Also, Max Starks has been playing is best football this year.
    yes, they have both proved to be better than prior but, i believe it goes back to the title of this thread and the haley factor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    yes, they have both proved to be better than prior but, i believe it goes back to the title of this thread and the haley factor.
    The Haley offense hides their weaknesses. BA always had the long developing plays, which exposed the O line. Haley doesn't do this. True we have better players on the line, but there are better lines out there than ours. Haley schemes to not depend on them much.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    The nonstop arguing on all Steelers boards about BA's scheme and maximizing for the talent here is proven out. All Haley does is look at the amazing level of talent we have, then size up the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent, and builds a ball control offense for that game. Rocket science, huh? I said on this board many times that ANY OC would die to have the talent we have.

BA was the problem.
    Yes he was and Tomlin didn't seem to notice it. Possibly Tomlin knows so little of offenses he thought Arians was the only voice of reason. Some people were upset that Art Rooney spoke out about the offense. The same Art Rooney the writes the checks, voiced his frustration after the 2003 season that, he is ready to win another Super Bowl. In all my Steeler years of being a fan these are the only two times I heard any of the Rooneys speak negative about the team or at least comment they want to see better days. The same team that has only seen three head coaches in the last thirty and some years. The Rooneys do not leap before they look.
    Art Rooney knew Arians was the problem, made comment on it and nothing changed in the offense. Rooney like everyone else knew Ben couldn't possibly survive many season of being every defenses whipping post.
    Ever since Haley has taken over the offense looks proffesional, looks to be incharge. When Arians was incharge the offense looked helter skelter each play with o-linemen being thrown to the ground, receivers breaking routes because Ben is running for his life and so on.

The last two or thre years if not longer I was probably driving everyone nuts that I wanted Arians gone. Last season I vowed if Arians was the OC this season I would turn my negative attention to Tomlin and scream for him to get fired. Thank God for Art Rooney and his wisdom.

And yes, ARIANS WAS THE PROBLEM AND OUR ONLY OFFENSIVE QUALITY CAME FROM BEN BEING ABLE TO BE A SUPER STAR !!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    The Haley offense hides their weaknesses. BA always had the long developing plays, which exposed the O line. Haley doesn't do this. True we have better players on the line, but there are better lines out there than ours. Haley schemes to not depend on them much.
    i'm fine with that

Legend

User Info Menu

Nicely said Fezz. I was fighting the "WTH Tomlin!" urges myself. Glad I don't have to anymore.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I understand what people are saying in regard to BA. However, when you have the kind of numbers that Ben and the WR's have had it's hard to fire someone like that. It was obviously hard for the Steelers to do because of the way they did it. It probably just looked like they needed to tweak their redzone O since it seemed like they could march between the 20's with impunity.

Legend

User Info Menu

ARIANS

HALEY

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I understand what people are saying in regard to BA. However, when you have the kind of numbers that Ben and the WR's have had it's hard to fire someone like that. It was obviously hard for the Steelers to do because of the way they did it. It probably just looked like they needed to tweak their redzone O since it seemed like they could march between the 20's with impunity.
    Again, not to sit and harp on Arians, but this was interesting (from a piece by Wexell):

Dwyer believes the running game turned around three weeks ago against Cincinnati because offensive coordinator Todd Haley “found runs that best fit us, found runs the linemen like and we like as running backs."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    ARIANS

HALEY

I believe pittpete tells it best