Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anti Steeler bias.....stop being ridiculous, you sound irrational

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry Lemmo but after todays announcement of the fines, do you still feel this way?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you don't think that games are fixed on the level of certain officials, you are beyond naive. Anyone remember the Troy fumble return that would have made Pgh cover the spread vs. San Diego a few years ago? They inexplicably claimed he did not score a TD and it made SD cover, which was a $9 million switch in Vegas bets alone. SD did a backwards lateral, Troy picked it up and ran in the end zone but the refs simply said, "No TD" even though there was zero rational for that decision. It was as dirty as I have ever seen. If you don't realize the world is full of conspiracies, you just have no idea re: the truth of the world. I have to look no further than my home owners association to see conspiracies happen all over the place.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There are no Conspiracy's People. none. everything is just as you see it on TV.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Games aren't fixed because they hate the Steelers; games are fixed for the dirty side of the game to make money. If millions and millions are in play on a game, you don't think a lot of the refs would makes a few calls to pick up his gym bag with $100,000 out of the airport locker? How many men can't be swayed by $100,000 in cash? If you don't realize certain games are fixed, you are more duped than Obama followers who still buy his hope and change BS.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    There are no Conspiracy's People. none. everything is just as you see it on TV.
    The fact that so many people believe this way is beyond depressing; it's so sad that it is literally going to be the death of this country.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he was being sarcastic LD

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There is no more or less anti-Steeler bias versus any other team. When it goes our way we don't notice or take it for granted. When it doesn't, every little facet of a play becomes game for scrutiny and crying foul.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I think he was being sarcastic LD
    I know he was being sarcastic, but he was basically saying so many Americans really do just believe what is ever on TV. That is the problem. Mainstream media lies to us in a colossal fashion and some dumb sheep just believe whatever it tells them.

Legend

User Info Menu

There is no more or less anti-Steeler bias versus any other team.
    How do you know that?
    As long as there is a human making decisions nothing is guaranteed.

Starter

User Info Menu

as others have said, i think in this particular game, WHOEVER was gona play the giants when this Sandy Storm went down was gona get bad calls against them.. Generally speaking, the league does have an ANTI-STEELER bias.. mainly cuz if the STEELERS win 2 more SB RINGS more than the others, the league will officially be their BIATTTCH.. PITT generates money no matter what cuz of the loyalty of the fan base.. NFL, makes more money with other teams catching up and winning the big game.. Making the league more competitive and unpredictable makes them more cash..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...