Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2012 Week 10 @ Giants

Redundant Thoughts 2012 Week 10 @ Giants

1. A couple of days after Hurricane Ike rolled through Houston in 2008 I had to fly out on a business trip. It struck me how the rest of the world had no idea what the city was going through that week. Houston literally looked like a war zone in places. But outside of Houston, the rest of the country couldnít be bothered. It is good to see New York getting some love after Sandy.

2. Giantsí first offensive play from scrimmage: a deep pass to Nicks that is almost intercepted by Keenan Lewis. The Steelersí first offensive play from scrimmage is a 10 yards run. Eliís crappy performance and the emergence of the Steelers running game are two significant stories from this game.

3. And if that wasnít an indicator strong enough that the Giants were in for a long day the first play from the Giants second drive appears to be where they peaked Ė Cruz catches a long pass over the middle wide open after Woodley falls down. However it was all downhill after that as Eliís next pass is such a bad throw that even Ike Taylor was able to pick it off.

4. The Steelers are using third and fourth string running backs, backup linemen and lost Antonio Brown Ė and were STILL able to move the ball against the vaunted Giants defense. Does Haley rhyme with halo?

5. I donít know if you recall it but Phil Simms actually said (and I am not taking this out of context) ďBen doesnít get hit oftenĒ after that first sack. What are your thoughts Olivia Munn?

6. The thing about this victory is the participation of each phase of the team: offense, defense and special teams. I canít think of a single thing I was disappointed in Ö other than the kick coverage which was STILL much better for the Steelers than it was for the Giants.

7. I am surprised that Eli did not play better. So the obvious question becomes: did the Steelers do that to him or was it just an ďoff dayĒ? Based on what Iíve seen this year it has to be a little of both. I wish the answers was simpler but I canít align dominating the Giants in New York with losing to the freaking Titans anywhere. What are your thoughts Sarah Shahi?

8. I am drawing a blank here Ö. All I can think of are ridiculous superlatives and unrealistic giddiness ... must be something to whine about Ö ah!

9. Officiating! What the heck? In the first quarter that was a ticky-tack pass interference call that led to the Giants first TD. Then the Steelers stop them and Ryan Clark gets flagged for a tough but perfectly legal hit on Cruz Ė giving the Giants first and goal and even then the officials give them the benefit of the doubt on whether he broke the plain.

10. <Rant>On the Cruz hit, I would be more sympathetic if after every freaking play he didnít find it necessary to individually celebrate and prance around like a dork. Imagine an NFL rule book that allowed open season on self-promoting showboaters. You want to show everyone how awesome you are? Fine. So does the defense. If you canít take it then donít dish it.</Rant>
    What are your thoughts Olivia Munn?

11. This team came from 10 points down in an emotionally charged game. When the offense needed to move the ball it did so with alacrity. When the defense needed to tighten up it did so with Ö anti-alactrity.

12. Perspective: An excellent win does not a season make but it is occurs to me that the excuses were there for the making had the Steelers lost: but they didnít. Certainly it is sad that so many perfectly good excuses would go to waste but good teams have a way of wasting perfectly good excuses donít they? It is almost impossible to not be bullish on the Steelers chances after a game like this but what I said last week still rings true: they have to beat the Ravens at least once.

13. Political Perspective: Mittens lost and I has a sad. However on the plus side we have certainty Ė which is a good thing. By all indications if the Republicans were to have won it would have been by the narrowest of margins; opening the door to an election that defaulted to the courts - which would have bred more uncertainty. So now we know. And thatís a good thing.

Legend
    [QUOTE=redundantman;531764]1. A couple of days after Hurricane Ike rolled through Houston in 2008 I had to fly out on a business trip. It struck me how the rest of the world had no idea what the city was going through that week. Houston literally looked like a war zone in places. But outside of Houston, the rest of the country couldn’t be bothered. It is good to see New York getting some love after Sandy.[QUOTE]

Everything seems worse when it happens to you. For example, do you think you always pick the slowest check out lines? Everyone does because they only notice when they're in a slow moving line.

We had a mile wide tornado hit close by us about a year or so ago. I've never seen anything like it. There's a lot of wooded areas around us and the width of the path of trees destroyed was ridiculous. I couldn't drive anywhere for a week because the roads were covered with huge mother humping trees. Think 100 year + oaks laying all over the place.

No one noticed except for us and the people that live around us. We missed it by about a mile fortunately.

There are still destroyed buildings finally being replaced long after the disaster. I feel bad for anyone that gets destroyed like that.

I heard one of the biggest threats is NYC is on a fault line. And when they have an earthquake, that city is a goner.

[QUOTE=flippy;531790][QUOTE=redundantman;531764]1. A couple of days after Hurricane Ike rolled through Houston in 2008 I had to fly out on a business trip. It struck me how the rest of the world had no idea what the city was going through that week. Houston literally looked like a war zone in places. But outside of Houston, the rest of the country couldn’t be bothered. It is good to see New York getting some love after Sandy.

Everything seems worse when it happens to you. For example, do you think you always pick the slowest check out lines? Everyone does because they only notice when they're in a slow moving line.

We had a mile wide tornado hit close by us about a year or so ago. I've never seen anything like it. There's a lot of wooded areas around us and the width of the path of trees destroyed was ridiculous. I couldn't drive anywhere for a week because the roads were covered with huge mother humping trees. Think 100 year + oaks laying all over the place.

No one noticed except for us and the people that live around us. We missed it by about a mile fortunately.

There are still destroyed buildings finally being replaced long after the disaster. I feel bad for anyone that gets destroyed like that.

I heard one of the biggest threats is NYC is on a fault line. And when they have an earthquake, that city is a goner.
    They say that charity starts at home. This is necessary because charity without sympathy (and more importantly empathy) might beget pride in the worst case or at the very least it would forget that "There but for the grace of God go I".