Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Run Game = Improved O-Line Play

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Run Game = Improved O-Line Play

OK, I've always liked the way Redman has run and had high hopes for Dwyer.

Early on our O-Line's run blocking was awful. But it seems that Willie Colon has adjusted to his new position and he's getting his feet back. Foster has stepped up just as I predicted he would in the preseason.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I've bagged on Colon as much as anyone. I was on him to start the year as well while we struggled to run the ball. But he has been strong as a run blocker and decent as a pass protector. Factor in that he is taking a position that was formerly held by the human lowlight reel Chris Kemoeatu, and we have the biggest improvement on our OL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I said the same thing in the chat room. I like both Redman and Dwyer but think the O-Line gelling is the cause for the run game ramping up lately.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Coincidence? The run game has looked good since I've Fallen and Someone Can't Get Up has been replace by Adams at RT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Coincidence? The run game has looked good since I've Fallen and Someone Can't Get Up has been replace by Adams at RT.
    No coincidence. Hopefully Adams stays healthy, and Gilbert Grape stays on the sideline.

Adams has a way to go in his pass blocking, but definitely has been an asset to our running attack.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the interior OL is just punishing people right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

Adams has a way to go in his pass blocking, but definitely has been an asset to our running attack.
    I saw Adams get beat for at least 2 sacks, although I must admit that Justin Tuck and JPP are a handful.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I saw Adams get beat for at least 2 sacks, although I must admit that Justin Tuck and JPP are a handful.
    Yup. Pretty sure Dilbert would have also gotten beat by those two.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's scheme as much as anything else. All the proof you need is that the Giants D-line didn't totally wreck an O-line with Mike Adams at RT. They gave double-teams all day to JPP. For some reason, I didn't see Tuck on the field when I was paying attention to looking for him (did he get hurt?)

Haley's scheme really is a godsend for Ben and our o-line. The ball gets out of Ben's hands quicker, so the o-lin's deficiencies are minimized.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stinky-Bum & Captain Useless have really stepped up their game at OG & we are starting to develop a 'nasty' to our attitude on the OL, which is nice.

Also, both Dwyer & Redman run a form of 'smashmouth' that the Steelers big hogs up front are designed for. This is not an agile, athletic OL. It's a mosh-posh of strong fatties that excel at squishing smaller people, but suck at putting one foot in front of the other at faster than granny-speed.

The Steelers offense is starting to use it's parts in the right way. Looks like Mendy has become Redundantman Mark II & we can get by on the Dwyer/Redman/Rainey monster.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S