Thread: Is this ref Leavy who screwed us today the same one from Seahawks SB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is this ref Leavy who screwed us today the same one from Seahawks SB?

[url]http://www.aolnews.com/2010/08/06/nfl-referee-admits-mistakes-in-seahawks-steelers-06-super-bowl/[/url]

??

If he is the same one ... Coincidence that he made ALL those bad calls against the Steelers today??

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard on Steelers radio ... it IS the same ref who said a few years ago, "I feel guilty for making the calls I did in that Superbowl against the Seahawks, including that push off, it wasn't a push off".

HOW do they let this ref on the field again whenever the Steelers are playing??

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, just heard that, too. It sets up suspicion about his objectivity, and then we see this level of officiating tonight.

Starter

User Info Menu

Nonsense! First off, Leavy did not call any of the Interference calls or the penalty on Clark. He ruled on the Ben fumble. As it turned out that was the correct call.
    Even if he wanted to reverse the ruling he could not. Clearly the ball had changed position in Ben's hand. Only Ben and of course all us Steeler fans knew he still had control of the ball, however, only one person could be positive that Ben simply lost the ball because he aborted his throw and the freaking thing slipped out of his hand and that was Ben. Leavy had no choice but to rule a fumble. He had no choice but to rule the ball was lost because of the initial contact made by the defender.

What I thought would have turned into a really laughable situation would have been had Ben gone through with the throw and a receiver caught it. What then? What ruling then? Uhh! A twenty five yard forward fumble? That would have made for a very interesting situation. LMAO

As far as the superbowl rulings, those crazy Seattle bastards would drive anyone nuts. In the face of overwhelming evidence that all of those calls were correct they insisted on yapping endlessly. All of them are screwballs and their coach was the biggest one.

Believe it or not. I keep track of who is going to zebra each Steeler game. There is a site that has all that info.

There are a number of crews I would prefer not to see and Leavys is not one of them. Although obviously the downfield guy had a bad day. There also were a few calls that benefited TS. Granted there were just a few but they were very timely. Pittsburgh usually wins games Leavy refs.

Starter

User Info Menu

The following was posted before listening to several expert opinions which disagreed with the ruling.

Keyplay said "As it turned out that was the correct call. Even if he wanted to reverse the ruling he could not. Clearly the ball had changed position in Ben's hand. Only Ben and of course all us Steeler fans knew he still had control of the ball, however, only one person could be positive that Ben simply lost the ball because he aborted his throw and the freaking thing slipped out of his hand and that was Ben. Leavy had no choice but to rule a fumble. He had no choice but to rule the ball was lost because of the initial contact made by the defender.

The above was posted before I saw any other analysis of the play. Like for instance Mike Pereira who I just listened to talking about the call and he did not think it was a fumble. Although he did consider the possibility that the initial movement of the ball did cause the losing of control of the ball.

As a matter of fact almost all of the comments on the play did not agree with the ruling. Obviously, my view was in the minority. I have not seen any comments yet on what would be the ruling had Ben completed the pass.

There does not seem to be hardly anyone who agrees with the call. How so? There is a slo-mo video on the play. Consensus of viewers watching the video is Ben has control. But, how so? Even though it looks like he has a good grip on the ball, the ball never stops twisting in his hand until it squishes out. Is that not similar to a runner not down with the ball sliding a smidge up his chest and just before he hits the ground it slips out. Fumble no?

btw: TS are 8-0 with Leavy since the 2008 season when TS[the steelers] beat San Diego 35-24 in a divisional PO game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Show us where the ball comes loose before it leaves Ben's hands
    His thumb and index finger are still gripping the ball and touch as his arm moves forward
    Watch the laces on the ball, they don't move one bit

Last edited by pittpete; 11-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha