Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Run Game = Improved O-Line Play

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Coincidence? The run game has looked good since I've Fallen and Someone Can't Get Up has been replace by Adams at RT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hate to admit it, but Gilbert is being outplayed by Adams.

Still have faith in Gilbert though- he was good last season. Not a bad spot to be in if DeCastro & Gilbert are not certainties to step in next season..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The Steelers offense is starting to use it's parts in the right way. Looks like Mendy has become Redundantman Mark II & we can get by on the Dwyer/Redman/Rainey monster.

My guess is that with this blocking, some of the runs we've seen would become loooong runs with Mendy. Willie Parker would've had 200 yards today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    My guess is that with this blocking, some of the runs we've seen would become loooong runs with Mendy. Willie Parker would've had 200 yards today.
    I'm not so sure, a lot of the yards gained by Redman were after initial contact was made.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I said the same thing in the chat room. I like both Redman and Dwyer but think the O-Line gelling is the cause for the run game ramping up lately.
    The O-line gelling is giving the backs the crease they need to make yards, after that the backs are always falling forward for extra yards and they are running through a lot of tackles. The line is providing the opportunity and the backs are doing their job.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love the way Redman and Dwyer have been pushing the pile forward when you think they are stopped. I know this will probably result in a fumble here and there but it fires me up when they do it. I can only imagine how it riles up the offensive linemen.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Stinky-Bum & Captain Useless have really stepped up their game at OG & we are starting to develop a 'nasty' to our attitude on the OL, which is nice.
    Hey! Flippy and I trademarked those nicknames for ourselves...you can't just go giving them out to Colon and Foster all willy-nilly like that!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers offense is starting to use it's parts in the right way. Looks like Mendy has become Redundantman Mark II & we can get by on the Dwyer/Redman/Rainey monster.

One could almost agree to your statement if those three could actually be healthy together more than two weeks in a row. Still way too many unknowns for that group to dismiss Mendenhall as redundant. The reality is he did it better longer than the three your mention. Heck, Rainey got a rib bruise and you would have thought that a Giant put a .45 cal round in his chest the way he collapsed and rolled around in pain. IMO the jury is still out whether his great talent can survive in the NFL.

Mendy is still very much needed and will thrive under Haley.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Heck, Rainey got a rib bruise and you would have thought that a Giant put a .45 cal round in his chest the way he collapsed and rolled around in pain.
    Do we give out injury bonuses or something? Rainey's hit should have been flagged... maybe they told him to go down on the field so they would show the replay over a few times to piss off Goodell?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Do we give out injury bonuses or something? Rainey's hit should have been flagged... maybe they told him to go down on the field so they would show the replay over a few times to piss off Goodell?
    If he was faking he needs to go to Hollywood in the off season and pick up a few extra bucks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"